PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Article about Fossilman

Aceten1
09-18-2004, 12:00 AM
The latest issue of "Cigar Aficiando" has a very good article about Greg and his win at the WSOP. He's on the cover with those famous glasses, but no cigar. Well worth reading. Interesting that Greg's card-playing "career" began as a counter at Blackjack.

GM

slickpoppa
09-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Is there a Fossil Afficionado Magazine?

Greg (FossilMan)
09-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I liked the article, and loved the pictures (made me look as good as I've ever looked), but there are quite a few factual errors. So, if you see something that you think is factually wrong, it could easily be wrong. None of the errors affected the integrity of the piece, but just thought I should point out that they're there.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Trainwreck
09-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Greg, what are your corrections/their errors, please?

>TW< <--non ass-monkey in his own mind.

Gamblor
09-22-2004, 10:21 AM
I liked the article, and loved the pictures (made me look as good as I've ever looked),

Even better than you looked on TV with the fattest wad of $100 bills in television history sitting a foot in front of you?

J_V
09-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey,

In that article it suggested you thought you were beat when your final bet was called in the final hand. I was very suprised by this. If this was true, and not factually wrong - then what was the reasoning behind putting Williams all in?

SossMan
09-22-2004, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

In that article it suggested you thought you were beat when your final bet was called in the final hand. I was very suprised by this. If this was true, and not factually wrong - then what was the reasoning behind putting Williams all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is factually true, then this should be easy to explain. He may have thought he was beat after he was called, but not when he pushed.

MLG
09-22-2004, 04:58 PM
I think I recall Greg saying that upon reflection the bet with 88 on the river might have been a mistake, because there are not many hands that he is beating that call him there. Obviously David had one of them, but I think thats the reasoning behind a mangled interpretation of Greg's words.

J_V
09-22-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it is factually true, then this should be easy to explain. He may have thought he was beat after he was called, but not when he pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but that would mean that Greg made a mistake when he pushed, unless of course he was bluffing, which I don't think was the case (based on the play of the hand.)

There were multiple raises in the hand and Williams looked very pot committed when called the turn. I assume Raymer thought he had the best hand at the end, and the article was in error.

SossMan
09-22-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but that would mean that Greg made a mistake when he pushed, unless of course he was bluffing, which I don't think was the case (based on the play of the hand.)

There were multiple raises in the hand and Williams looked very pot committed when called the turn. I assume Raymer thought he had the best hand at the end, and the article was in error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be...I honestly don't know the stack sizes, so I should refrain from commenting about the play. I was just pointing out that it may have been a bet designed to make better hands fold, not a value bet.

JalKelly
09-22-2004, 05:56 PM
cover really needs a stogie...

Daliman
09-22-2004, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did think he had the best hand. It's just that DW called so quickly that he wasn't sure now.

Greg (FossilMan)
09-23-2004, 12:08 AM
It wasn't that he just called, but that he called so fast. For that brief second while I was digesting what he held, I thought it must be better than my hand, for him to have called all-in so quickly.

Daliman
09-23-2004, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did think he had the best hand. It's just that DW called so quickly that he wasn't sure now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't that he just called, but that he called so fast. For that brief second while I was digesting what he held, I thought it must be better than my hand, for him to have called all-in so quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, told you. My superior intellect and maturity hath shone through.

NANNY NANNY BOO BOO! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif