PDA

View Full Version : Custom home chips from Blue Chip Co.

italianstang
09-17-2004, 11:46 PM
I have been dealing with Blue Chip Co. in ordering a custom set of chips for my game. I am read with attention all of the step by step posts people have put about their process and have witnessed the flood of questions that follow so I decided to document my process and update it daily. Check it out if your are interested.

Day by day chip ordeal (http://www.ucrlowlander.com/Chips.htm)

Jaquen H'gar
09-18-2004, 03:31 PM
After reading about this "business" that you are dealing with, an aphorism comes to mind: a fool and his money soon part ways.

For your sake, I hope I am surprised and everything works out ok for you.

italianstang
09-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I hope it works out too, obviously I am less than happy with the results so far, and Blue Chip seems to be EXTREMELY unprofessional and/or incompotent. I just hope I can get my chips how I want them and end this whole ordeal.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Kinda curious why you went ahead and wrote them a check?

dcJohn
09-18-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was kind of wondering that as well. Considering how they've performed (or not) so far, it seems a bit like chasing an insight straight.

I'd just be sure to hold onto those invoices and, whenever possible, get dates of promised delivery in writing. That way you'll at least be in good shape if you end up in small claims court.

John

Jaraim
09-18-2004, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was kind of wondering that as well. Considering how they've performed (or not) so far, it seems a bit like chasing an insight straight.

I'd just be sure to hold onto those invoices and, whenever possible, get dates of promised delivery in writing. That way you'll at least be in good shape if you end up in small claims court.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst pun ever. But I agree with your sentiments.

Could it be that your "journal" is a cry for help to get people to tell you to stop doing business with these jokers, and trust your money with a much, much, much more professional service?

italianstang
09-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Are you ready for this? I didn't write them a check, I gave them cash. Good thinking huh. I felt like I was pot-committed to this whole process by that time and had to call the $700. We will see.

toots
09-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Wow. What a mess.

What a shame.

I'd sorta had this thought that I'd get a set of chips made by them someday, albeit via a go-between.