PDA

View Full Version : I Just Watched...

The Dude
09-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Airplane.

Good Lord, I forgot how funny that movie is.

mikeyvegas
09-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Ted Striker : Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack : I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

andyfox
09-18-2004, 12:16 AM
I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue . . .

youtalkfunny
09-18-2004, 03:11 AM
"We've got to get these people to a hospital."

"Hospital? What is it?"

"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important now."

Manimal
09-19-2004, 03:15 AM
"Johnny, whattya make of this?"

"This? It can be a brooch. Or a hat. Or a pterodactyl!"

Kopefire
09-19-2004, 03:29 AM
Randy : Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude : 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy : I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude : Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady : Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy : Oh, good.
Jive Lady : He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy : All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady : Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude : What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady : Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude : Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady : Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

scotnt73
09-19-2004, 12:19 PM
so timmy do you like gladiator movies?

Rick Nebiolo
09-19-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Airplane.

Good Lord, I forgot how funny that movie is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Airplane is the only movie I've ever walked out of (and I've sat through "Blair Witch Project").

I've always wondered about that day because so many others have said this movie was funny. Was I in that bad a mood? Was it the first manifestation of what mike l. calls my "anal nit syndrome".

Some day I need to watch it again and re-evaluate /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

The Dude
09-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Drink several beers, and watch it in a group. Good times.

I know what you mean about not being in the mood, though. Whne I watched The Royal Tenenbaums in the theatre, I thought it was so bad I walked out after an hour. My roommate bought the movie, and now I think it's frickin' hilarious.

baggins
09-20-2004, 01:37 AM
while the royal tenenbaums has a lot of great humor in it, there is so much more to it.

when i saw it in the theater, i was disappointed by all the people expecting Rushmore and thinking they *had* to laugh at everything. there was so much in that movie that was beautiful, and sad, and poetic, and intense and dramatic, and whatever, aside from the humor. if your description of that movie is that it is 'funny', then you are missing out on a whole lot more in that movie.

i'm not trying to attack you here, though. please understand that. i just saw your comment, and thought i would respond to that sentiment in general. so many people see Wes Anderson films and think 'oh. this guy writes funny movies' and assume that they're watching a comedy. they decide that anything that they find odd or touching or out of the ordinary from standard Hollywood fare will be occasion to laugh. instead of relating to the movie on all the different levels it is capable of relating and connecting with people.

personally, I was weeping in that movie, especially the suicide scene (which, chillingly, used the perfect Elliot Smith song). and i was horrified to hear people laughing during that scene.

The Dude
09-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, humor is not the only thing I like about The Royal Tenenbaums. However, since the topic we were discussing was movies that are so bad they warrant walking out on that, once seen again, become very good - specifically very funny - that's what I focused on.

No harm, no foul, eh?