PDA

View Full Version : AJ in big blind.. am i beaten?

greg nice
09-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed)

Button ($25)
SB ($45.67)
Hero ($18.75)
UTG ($26.11)
MP1 ($13.95)
MP2 ($50.64)
CO ($47.96)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls $2, SB folds.

Turn: ($6) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>...

BobboFitos
09-17-2004, 09:21 PM
River: ($6) T (2 players)
Hero bets $5, CO raises to $10...

I dont think you're always beaten here, as he could easily have just trips. He's obviously not bluffing by just min raising you on the end, so what kind of player is he to value bet like this...

With three action cards on the flop, and then the little amount of action despite the two hearts on the flop and whathaveyou, I would be really surprised if he had a monster hand. It was just played SO slowly and SO passively.

I would call here, expecting to win enough times to make the call profitable, but not entirely dismissing the thought he had been slowplaying a strong full boat or what have you. (5 dollars to call 21 on the end, I would say you win 33% of the time here. Make the call)

blinklate
09-17-2004, 09:50 PM
"I dont think you're always beaten here, as he could easily have just trips."

All you have is two pair. If the king had paired i think that it is an easier call. any hand that he might have called you with on the flop, with the exception of a flush draw, has you beat. since he put is a min raise the probability of a bluff is lower so you will have to show a winning hand. It seems that your opponent wants to be called and you have less than the minimum to call.

BobboFitos
09-17-2004, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I dont think you're always beaten here, as he could easily have just trips."

All you have is two pair. If the king had paired i think that it is an easier call. any hand that he might have called you with on the flop, with the exception of a flush draw, has you beat. since he put is a min raise the probability of a bluff is lower so you will have to show a winning hand. It seems that your opponent wants to be called and you have less than the minimum to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOOOOPS I completely misread the board on the first post. Wow, that was dumb. I thought he flopped the straight and was worried about the full house.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the river, and I probably wouldn't call much, because if you're calling him you can only beat a busted flush draw or busted straight draw. He could be value betting a king, trips, full house, or possibly made straight. So many more hands that beat you then you beat.

So... uhh.. fold.

BobboFitos
09-17-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: ($6) T (2 players)
Hero bets $5, CO raises to $10...

I dont think you're always beaten here, as he could easily have just trips. He's obviously not bluffing by just min raising you on the end, so what kind of player is he to value bet like this...

With three action cards on the flop, and then the little amount of action despite the two hearts on the flop and whathaveyou, I would be really surprised if he had a monster hand. It was just played SO slowly and SO passively.

I would call here, expecting to win enough times to make the call profitable, but not entirely dismissing the thought he had been slowplaying a strong full boat or what have you. (5 dollars to call 21 on the end, I would say you win 33% of the time here. Make the call)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so... This is my logic if Hero actually had AQ, not AJ. With AJ you fold. You cant beat anything that he would presumably min raise you with. Unless you have seen a minraise river bluff, (I have never... Yet) fold here.

ChipLeader
09-17-2004, 10:42 PM
LOL, bobbo i almost puked when i read your first respone, but it makes sense now that you say you misread it.

Personally, i wouldnt have bet the flop or the river. Without the T maybe, and without the K certainly, you might bet the flop. But with 3 action cards i cant see betting the midpair. You might steal it, sure, but theres a good chance someone cause a piece of that flop and you dont know which piece, what theyre drawing to, or if they are already ahead. Also, keep in mind that anyone who flopped the straight will be slowplaying hoping to rope someone in, and someone with 2 pair may be hoping to house or be content calling you down. Basically, theres just too much out there that can beat AJ, and since the A probably isnt a clean out,youre praying to see a Q or MAYBE a J, but even the J may be a loser.

AncientPC
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
CO could've put Hero on a busted flush draw and thought he was stealing the pot, hence the min raise. Either way it's a fold.