PDA

View Full Version : nines in early

blinklate
09-17-2004, 08:17 PM
I was playing in NYC. The blinds were 1/2 and i had about 200 in my stack. I am UTG +1 and i limp in with 99. There are three limpers behind me and a late position raises to 15. The blinds fold, i call and the limpers all fold. I have seen the player limp with hands ranging from 10 3o to 62o. The flop comes 444. I check and the player bets 20, i raise to 60 he calls without much hesitation. The turn comes an ace i check with the intention of check/fold. He bets 100 and i fold. I figure that any hand he would raise with has me beat. I like my call preflop since he had over 700 in his stack and i figured that if i hit a set i could double up due to his aggressiveness. I also have good position against the raiser if we get more callers since i can check raise to protect my hand against flush draws. My question is, should i have led out on the flop and been prepared to fold to a raise, or should i have check/folded the flop. Thanx for the advice

ChasingTitles
09-18-2004, 06:55 PM
if i dont know my opponent and we are at low limit, when i have a pair i usually will get rid of it if i dont flop a set. i would have played after a flop of 444, but when the A comes i would have played it the same way you did.