PDA

View Full Version : how can people be so gullible as to believe Kobe?

bwana devil
09-17-2004, 08:00 PM
After initially denying he had sex with the woman accusing him of rape, Kobe Bryant told detectives a day later that there had been a consensual encounter and that he stopped intercourse when the woman said "no," according to a police document made public Thursday.

yahoo news (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&e=13&u=/latimests/bryantsinitialinterviewwithdetectivesrevealed)

How do some people still justify their defense of Kobe? Perhaps they have difficulty interpretting cues to come to rational decisions.

Or maybe they're so stubborn they don't want to admit they were wrong. Just guesses.

IrishHand
09-17-2004, 08:28 PM
She wanted to make out with him, he took it to the next level because that's what pro athletes do when hot young things start making out with them. She probably didn't want full-on sex, and likely said so at some point in this encounter. By the book, it's textbook date rape...a lovely "he said, she said" scenario. He's guilty, he's wealthy, Eagle County isn't, he wins the case. Simple as that.

Duke
09-17-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's textbook date rape...a lovely "he said, she said" scenario. He's guilty,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I didn't know that.

~D

bwana devil
09-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Yes, I agree w/ most of that. From what little negative publicity that came out about Kobe during all of this, it sounded like its possible that he might have a pattern of this type behavior. I hope the huge public attention will deter any possbile re-occurances.

Daliman
09-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Gee, how many women do YOU know that have sex with another man,(and possiblt 2 others) within 24 hours of being raped?

OHHH, RIIIGHT.... She put on USED underwear that had THEIR semen in it that got on her vagina. Gotcha. Women rewear dirty underwear ALL the time....

andyfox
09-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Nobody's saying she's an angel. Kobe first denied having sex with her to the police. He also told the press here, you know me, I wouldn't do that.

Now, the transcript shows that Kobe admits he grabbed her by the back of the neck, that's the way he likes it. He says you could check with the other woman (the "only" other woman) he's had extramarital sex with. Then he says she said no and he immediately stopped. So he asked her to blow him which she did for about five seconds. So he's got her from behind by her neck and he's five seconds away from a 3-pointer and she said enough and he stopped immediately. Hmm . . .

One understands how he could issue a public statement which said he understands how she could think it was non-consensual.

andyfox
09-18-2004, 01:18 AM
When police told Bryant the woman had experienced some bleeding, he said he was surprised because he hadn't noticed any blood. The shirt he was wearing, which he gave to the investigators, was later found to be stained with the woman's blood.

astroglide
09-18-2004, 02:44 AM
he lacks motive given his status in the world and he doesn't seem to be a dumb person

adios
09-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Why does he lack motive? What if he enjoys the experience of raping women?

adios
09-18-2004, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So he's got her from behind by her neck and he's five seconds away from a 3-pointer and she said enough and he stopped immediately. Hmm . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Kobe does come across as an incredible scum bag and in my mind almost surely guilty of raping her.

SnakeRat
09-18-2004, 03:57 AM
After the way she DROPPED the criminal case, I have no doubt she is a crazy lying slut.

She is continuing with the civil trial where she has a chance to get her claws on some cash.

I believe Kobe didn't rape her, not that he is a good person or anything.
Also he is a dumbass for allowing detectives to interview him.

SnakeRat
09-18-2004, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By the book, it's textbook date rape...a lovely "he said, she said" scenario. He's guilty, he's wealthy, Eagle County isn't, he wins the case. Simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is as simple as she is unwilling testify and opted to drop the charges after wasting a lot of people's time and money.

andyfox
09-18-2004, 12:49 PM
The motive is that he was almost ready to cum. Sorry to be so crude, but that's not exactly the moment when we men are at our best. She says stop and he continues; isn't that likely what happenend? He has his hands around her neck and at the end, her blood is on his shirt.

I'm not saying she isn't a golddigger, maybe she is. But that doesn't mean things didn't get a bit rough and she said that's enough.

Rushmore
09-18-2004, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One understands how he could issue a public statement which said he understands how she could think it was non-consensual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slam dunk.

Can you imagine having sex with a woman and then being surprised that she didn't feel that she had consented?

He apologized , for crying out loud.

Guess he just got a little carried away.

Oh, well. I guess it happens all the time.

I'm sorry. OK?

Rushmore
09-18-2004, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he lacks motive given his status in the world and he doesn't seem to be a dumb person

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies and gentlemen...Ted Bundy.

Fine, maybe he didn't have Bryant's "status," but damn--the rest certainly applies.

Andy seems to believe there was a more, ahem, immediate motive, but I believe the reason is far more general, that Bryant has a sense of entitlement so great, and a perverse selfishness so distorted that he just felt he could treat this goofy slutty useless groupie doofus any damned way he pleased.

See Led Zeppelin--The Sand Shark Incident.

bwana devil
09-18-2004, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it is as simple as she is unwilling testify and opted to drop the charges after wasting a lot of people's time and money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still amazed that's what some people took away from this. This woman's name was made public, there were threats against her life, and she was facing public embarrassment. And you call that "simple"?

Kobe has apologized and made contradictory statements to police trying to cover his involvement. I think if he came out and accepted total responsibility and blame for this, some like you would still deny that this was rape and continue to blame the victim.

Is she a "slut"? I don't know.
Can "sluts" get raped? Of course.

SnakeRat
09-18-2004, 07:41 PM
If he raped her, why doesn't she atleast try to prove it and get the rapist locked up?
You say its due to embarassment and death threats.
I think its due to having no case.
She is going for the big bucks in civil court where she will still be subject to embarassment and possible threats.

[ QUOTE ]
Kobe has apologized and made contradictory statements to police trying to cover his involvement. I think if he came out and accepted total responsibility and blame for this, some like you would still deny that this was rape and continue to blame the victim.

[/ QUOTE ] If all this is so damning why did the judge dismiss the case due to lack of evidence?

Why presume Kobe is guilty, when she isn't even willing to try and prove it unless she can cash in?

Straussman
09-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Not an entirely logical conclusion, SnakeRat. She could have dropped the criminal case because (i) Kobe is going to fight any possibility of a criminal conviction tooth and nail, which will include every dirty trick and intimidation tactic his attorneys can think up of; and (ii) Kobe might well enter into a private settlement in a civil case because the burden of proof is much lower (and the chances of him losing much higher), and he can easily afford to spend some money to make the case go away.

Kobe could be innocent. He also could be guilty as sin. We probably will never know the truth or even the conclusions drawn by a jury after actually seeing all the evidence. And in the absence of that, anybody besides Kobe and the girl who is sure about what happened in that hotel room probably has an insufficient basis for that certainty.

Our criminal justice system really isn't designed well to get convictions against rich people, particularly at the state level. Whether Kobe is more likely innocent or guilty is a question on which reasonable minds might disagree. Whether rich people have a huge advantage over poor people when accused a crime is a question which has only one reasonable answer. Justice is clearly not blind these days. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BeerMoney
09-19-2004, 10:19 AM
That article is something.......

Before reading that, I would have said he is innocent.. Now, I don't know.

astroglide
09-19-2004, 03:09 PM
and here who knows him well enough to pass judgement on his sense of entitlement or degree of selfishness outside of the scope of basketball? if he wanted to have sex with multiple women he could just start knocking on random doors or show up at a bar, it's that simple.