bicyclekick
09-17-2004, 07:59 PM
a player with notes:
{{VPIP: 21, PFR: 8, AGG: 0.7
Hands: 143, RiverF: 0, CR: 0.00
WSD: 29, W$SD: 40
ASB: 0, FBB: 100
WF-F: 12, WF-T: 1, WF-R: 0, WF-NF: 11}}

opens from late middle and you call with KTs in the bb. flop comes T73r what's your plan of attack.

Nightwish
09-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Change call to fold and I like it better.

Nate tha' Great
09-17-2004, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Change call to fold and I like it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Booooooooo. Easy call.

bicyclekick
09-17-2004, 08:16 PM
So you're folding this to Co-1's raise ?

I bet i'm leakin a little bit here.

What if it's the CO opening.

Nightwish
09-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I interpreted "late middle" more broadly as just CO-1. If he open-raises from the CO, the call is fine. If it's from the CO-1, I'd be OK with folding but I can see people calling too. If it's from an earlier position, I would fold.

Having said all that, I play the blinds tighter than most people here which may or may not necessarily be the right strategy for your style of play.

Nate tha' Great
09-17-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I interpreted "late middle" more broadly as just CO-1. If he open-raises from the CO, the call is fine. If it's from the CO-1, I'd be OK with folding but I can see people calling too. If it's from an earlier position, I would fold.

Having said all that, I play the blinds tighter than most people here which may or may not necessarily be the right strategy for your style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't defend profitably with KTs in this spot, then you should not be playing in this game.

Nightwash, I know that you should be playing in this game, so I know that you should be defending with KTs. You are giving up a non-trivial amount of expectation by playing the blinds this tight.

Philuva
09-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Easy call from the BB. I would check/call the flop and CR the turn. If he checked behind on the flop I am betting the turn if no A comes.

bicyclekick
09-17-2004, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you can't defend profitably with KTs in this spot, then you should not be playing in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that's not what you're inmplying about me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I know I belong so it doesn't really matter anyhow.

Anyhow, I've just been runnin bad so I'm just reexamining my thought process.

steveyz
09-18-2004, 01:09 AM
I like check-raising the flop and leading all the way on most boards. Your opponents sounds like a pretty straight-forward and passive player. I don't like waiting until the turn as he might well check through the turn with overcards. By check raising the flop, a lot of opponents might be willing to look you up with AK/AQ.

stoxtrader
09-18-2004, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like check-raising the flop and leading all the way on most boards. Your opponents sounds like a pretty straight-forward and passive player. I don't like waiting until the turn as he might well check through the turn with overcards. By check raising the flop, a lot of opponents might be willing to look you up with AK/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the same line, this type of player will bet the turn unimproved rarely, so i would c/r flop and lead turn rather than waiting to c/r turn.

Nate tha' Great
09-18-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that's not what you're inmplying about me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I know I belong so it doesn't really matter anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I'm sure you're doing just fine. From watching you, I think that you can probably loosen up your game a *little* in some spots but playing too tight is, obviously, a far lesser sin than playing too loose.