PDA

View Full Version : Bubble question

Geng
09-17-2004, 07:51 PM
$200, 5-person sit-and-go (this is way over my typical limit but I accidentally clicked on the wrong table and couldn't get out of it). 4 people left, blinds 25/50

SB: T1598, very loose player. any ace any suited
BB: T1498, average
Hero UTG: T1305 with the rep of a tight player
Button: T524, Table bully and whiner. Berating others when he gets out drawn or looses a hand he thinks he should have won. Constantly talking about how he'd a won this one already if it wasn't for all the newbies at the table.

Hero UTG gets AK diamonds and raises to T100 (probably should have gone more looking back on it)
Button: Raise all-in to make it T524
SB: Calls all-in
BB: folds
Hero: I called the all in leaving me with T781. Button had shown in previous hands that he slow plays power houses (flopped full house and didn't raise till river) and SB plays any 2 suited so I didn't put either of them on AA though I did expect them to have at least 1 ace between them. Pot is T1622

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Absolutely lousy flop for me. If someone had AQ they hit their pair and if the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif is in one of their hands they have the shot at the nut flush and any heart has a shot at a flush that will beat me.

SB bet T111 into a T1622 pot. It smelled fishy to me and instead of busting out I folded. Figured if SB won the hand I was in the money and if the button won I was in a close 4th but could outplay the SB.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB shows 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for a Q high /images/graemlins/heart.gif flush.
Button shows: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and takes the hand to move into 1st place.

Should I have stayed out of it after I was re-raised? Pushed back all-in against the SB and gone out 4th? Like I said, I didn't mean to get into a $200 tourney (it was 1/4 my bankroll) so I was definitely playing tighter than I normally would at my $30 game. Figured if I could take this one down I'd be in solid first. I spent a lot of time in 2nd before blowing this hand but did manage to outplay the SB by stealing enough blinds to get ahead of him then having him go all in with a T8 against the guy that was on the button.

Hydro
09-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I would bet atleast 150 here preflop.

I would put the sb also on a drawing hand like yours.

Once the bb went all in and the sb called i would push. If sb had a hand he would re-raise, but he didnt. There is already too much in the pot and if you are just calling, just commit yourself, maybe the SB would even fold (prob would)

Since you did not go allin, after flop I would fold underhis bet aswell to hope to come in 3rd atleast

belowpoverty
09-18-2004, 01:53 AM
would someone please tell me wtf the bubble is??

Bluff Daddy
09-18-2004, 02:00 AM
Im pushing all in preflop trying to get heads up. If you push I dont see sb calling w/ anything but high pocket pair

reecelights
09-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Borderline between in the money and out of the money. At a 10 player SnG, hands played with 4 or 5 still in. A critical mistake puts you out of the money, lack of aggression keeps you from winning is the general rule. Hard time to balance your game.