PDA

View Full Version : After I suck out your chips, I'll suck out your BRAINS!!!! Muwahaha

zuluking
09-17-2004, 05:08 PM
SB just arrived at table, UTG is total LAG raising over 30% of the time. I actually laughed outloud when SB showed his hand...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 4d Ac (two pair, aces and fours).
Hero has Ah Qs (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins 17 BB. </font>

mikeyvegas
09-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Why are you betting the turn 3-handed?
Why are you raising the river?

Gatts
09-18-2004, 01:48 AM
No reason to bet the turn.

crockett
09-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Edit: Sorry, just noticed the part about UTG being a total LAG, so this would change some of my thoughts but for the most part they remain the same.

I don't like this line.

UTG raised pre-flop and bet out into the 3-bettor. The board is totatlly uncoordinated. Anyone who stays has something or overcards, which is your case and probably the case for UTG. But I'm betting a pocket pair or possibly AJs or KJs, one of which is no good for you.

I don't think I would raise but I don't think their is anything wrong with it. I think I would just call.

You raise and 2 people call...with that board..someone has something and it's not you.

Turn: I would check/fold...you have A high and remember the other bettors know this unless it is the one unique case where you 3-bet with JJ. Unless you have been 3-betting marginal hands pre-flop. I guess AJs would be a 3-bet hand as well.

The pot is big so check/folding would be tough and I might not but I think I still would.

UTG could already be ahead of you (AK, AJ) killing 3 of your outs. My hand is worthless and I could have seen the river for free. And finally, with SB just tagging along your hand could be reverse dominated by a calling station holding Ace/rag or Queen/rag with the rag matching one of the flop cards.

River: Now SB says "I've got a hand!" and then UTG calls as well. Gulp! So alarms are going off in my head "Who's Ace is the best?" I think if find myself in your situation for the size of that pot you have to make the call but I don't raise.

I replied to this hand because Ed Miller in SSH has an excellent discussion on playing overcards and I just finished reading it. Most of my thoughts are stolen from him (and I might add I probably messed them up as I have only read it once through).

And finally, I think this is common pre-flop 3-bet because everyone folded to you and you have a chance to kick the blinds but I hate holding AQo knowing I'm about to 3-bet and possibly be heads up. Unless of course I know the first-in raiser has loose raising standards. More often it seems they have high raising standards with very loose limping standards. i.e. raise rarely, call a lot.

Quercus
09-21-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm not real crazy about the preflop 3 bet.

I like the flop raise - both to clean up your outs and to try for a free card on the turn.

I'd take the offered free card on the turn. Heads up, I'd probably bet to try and force a fold, but not usually with two players, including someone who cold called 3 bets preflop.

When the river card hits, I'll just call. SB just paired his ace and probably had some reason to stick it out in this hand other than just an overcard.

frank_iii
09-21-2004, 04:46 PM
I don't understand the title...do you think he sucked out on you?

cnfuzzd
09-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Preflop three bet is fine, but only against the loose raiser.

Flop. Isolation/Free card raise is fine, but remember it come the turn.

Turn. Take the free card dammit.

River. I wouldnt raise here, but thats up to you.

On a side note, everytime i read one of your posts zulu, i seem to come away with the impression that you are drunk. Just a BTW. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peace

john nickle

zuluking
09-21-2004, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, everytime i read one of your posts zulu, i seem to come away with the impression that you are drunk. Just a BTW. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not drunk, I just think "differently'.

Jaran
09-21-2004, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's prolly cuz your drunk when you read them /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Jaran

cnfuzzd
09-22-2004, 04:34 PM
er,, well,. that could be true

peace

john nickle