PDA

View Full Version : Raise The River?

J6o All In
09-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font> <font color="blue"> (Ugh) </font> , MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font> <font color="blue"> (Ugh) </font> , Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Trix
09-17-2004, 04:43 PM
1) No, any idiot should know that you like that card.
2) This one depends what range of hands you put him on, but probably no, since you see 3 of the kings allready making 2pair with a K less likely. Think he will have the straight more than 1/3 of the time, meaning that you will loose 2 bets when he does and not gain that one extra often enough to make up for it.

bdk3clash
09-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Hand 1 I just call the river bet. If SB is putting you on anything after you raise preflop, bet the flop, and check behind on the turn, it's AK. (I might be influenced by knowing that the SB 3-bet. You should have stopped the action at your first river decision.)

Hand 2 I play the same. You lose to AJ exactly and beat everything else--I'm not saving bets here.

EDIT: Oops, you also lose to J9, which was open-ended on the flop. I still 3-bet.

MoreWineII
09-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Hand 2, J9s for the OESD just got there too. I still probably 3-bet and call a cap though.

spamuell
09-17-2004, 05:54 PM
I raise the river in both hands. Hand 1 seems to be the most controversial so I'll address that:

I think the SB would bet most pairs here given your check through on the turn. He's probably not putting you on a specific hand but just trying to value bet after it's obvious from your turn check that you had nothing. Also, you're getting 2:1 on your money if MP1 calls the raise which is likely, and SB rarely, if ever, 3-bets here with a worse hand, I think you can fold to a 3-bet. So raise.