PDA

View Full Version : borgata poker rate

dcJohn
09-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi folks. I've seen several people mention the poker rate at Borgata, and I was hoping to get more details...

1. It's 8 hours, yes? Does that need to include any block of time in particular?

2. What # should I call, or person/desk shoudl I ask to speak with, in order to request the rate? If they look at my borgata card they'll see that I put in the hours when I visit, though I'm also happy to pay the full amount up-front and just get it refunded when I get the hours in.

Thanks!
John

sluttysteve
09-17-2004, 04:37 PM
This isn't going to answer your question, but what is a poker rate?

dcJohn
09-17-2004, 05:01 PM
I probably should have been more clear. My understanding is that the Borgata offers a significant room discount if you will be playing 8+ hours of poker a day... something along the lines of $25 a night during offpeak days I think.

But then again, the reason I posted this was because I didn't know the details, so hopefully we'll both learn more about it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

Bremen
09-17-2004, 06:31 PM
IIRC its a $50 discount.

tpir90036
09-17-2004, 07:29 PM
call the borgata poker room (866-692-6742) and tell them you are interested in the poker rate. they will bill you the regular rate and then refund you the difference when you check out. you have to play 8 hours and already have a card with them.... the weekend rate is $149 i think and the weekday rate is $79(?). i forget the exact numbers... someone else can correct those for me.

good luck,
-tpir

AAquadsAA
09-17-2004, 10:37 PM
that sounds about right , thats what they qouted me for the weekend.

MisterKing
09-18-2004, 04:47 AM
I called ahead, connected with the poker room, and had them set me up with a MyBorgata Rewards Card. Once I'd done this, they were able to book me at the regular rate with eligibility to get a reduction.

8 hours of logged play (make sure to swipe in and out when you play) per day will not only get you a weekday rate of $39/night, but also a few comp dollars for use at the snack bar, etc (use the card).

Very good deal. Now if they'd only spread a more affordable NL game...

dcJohn
09-19-2004, 03:26 AM
Great! Thanks a bunch for the information.

John

Maura
09-19-2004, 08:06 PM
FWIW, i go to AC every couple of months and this
is my understanding from a girl at the front desk.
I only go on weekends, so my weekday details may not
be %100 accurate

During the summer, the weekend poker rate is $150 with
5 hours of play.... playing more does lower this rate.
During the rest of the year the weekend rate is $125

During the week, the rate is $79(?) for 5 hours play
which can be lowered to $39 with 8 hours play.
I'm not sure if there's a different summer weekday rate,
but i'd assume so