PDA

View Full Version : Am I a weak-tight mofo?

Chris Daddy Cool
09-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Full Tilt 200 NL

I got $260 or so. BB ($135) is unknown, but I haven't seen him do anything too retarded.

One limper. I raise to 8 bucks with AKo. Button calls. SB folds. BB makes it $35 to go. Limper folds. I don't even really think that hard and fold.

Someone tell me I'm right? Someone tell me I'm dead wrong?

unagi
09-17-2004, 04:04 PM
My guess here is that if you haven't seen him go crazy, you could either: A) Be slightly behind in this hand OR B) Be extremely behind in this hand.
Either choice, it seems like a fold is not a terrible option. Especially if he hits a set and you pair up, or your pair actually IS his set. You don't have too much invested, so there's no harm in making the laydown against who you've read as a solid player, IMHO.

schwza
09-17-2004, 04:07 PM
i'd call. you've got position. and if you don't call this, you're basically saying that you'll only call a reraise with a big pocket pair. this might not be a terrible thing - people seem very reluctant to bluff 3-bet before the flop - but i would say that with position you've got to call.

wdbaker
09-17-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm with you man, throw it away, AK just isn't that great a hand to go to war with unless you caught some of the flop.

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

AncientPC
09-17-2004, 11:53 PM
I'd toss. I'm either a little behind or way behind, it's not like people can tell what you folded.

bunky9590
09-17-2004, 11:58 PM
nice fold. I actually folded Kings preflop for the first time tonight. He showed me AA. I didnt even think about it too long. Now is that uber weak tight or awesome read?

Yeknom58
09-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Unless the guy showed me his cards or he went all in for my house how can you fold KK preflop. I wouldn't have thought very hard and called, who are you Phil H.

pshreck
09-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Its not weak. You probably laid them down because you had overwhelming evidence (tight player, large reraise, etc). You have to be sure that ATLEAST 50% of the time you lay them down the player has aces. Sometimes you are just so SURE (sure in poker meaning 75% or higher in my eyes) that you can fold kings.

To see if you are uber weak, simply look to see how many times you have folded kings preflop in your history. Then calculate how many hands you have played. Then calculate how often an opponent will have aces when you have kings (not often).

bunky9590
09-18-2004, 12:22 AM
stacks were hella deep guy is a solid player who in a matter of speaking is scared of playing with me. I've seen him smooth call my raise with KK preflop. For him to put the third raise all in preflop it was one hand and one hand only. AA.

I only have abouit 10k hands with this guy so I know his play pretty well. Oh, yeah, and I was RIGHT!!!!

bunky9590
09-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Thats the second tim in my entire poker career that Ive laid them down PF. Both times now Ive been shown AA. Now Ive not laid them down a few too many times and been shown AA. But Ive pushed a lot more and been shown QQ and AK as well. So all is good.

I did have overwhelming evidence. I KNEW he had Aces.

Yeknom58
09-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I must have missed that 10k hands thing when you first told the story. That makes the laydown more reasonable. Without the 10k hands I don't think the fold is reasonable. And just because you were right doesn't make it correct.

peiper
09-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Everytime I have made a substantial raise with Kings and someone has moved all in, when I call they show Aces.

He made the right call IMO.