PDA

View Full Version : Two questions --- wireless internet and bonus v. Party's games

ElSapo
09-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Wireless - - recently bought a new laptop, which has a wireless card. I'm unclear on the "un-encrypted" access, basically using open wireless networks around me. How is this - or is it - unsecure? Should I not be using this to play poker? Apologies for the tech question, in some ways I'm clueless here...

Empire offered me a bonus, so I may move money over. However, I've been running good on Party's bad beat jackpot tables. I'm still not sure to what extent weaker play makes up for the extra drop, but thus far it seems to more than compensate. To what extent is it worth the bonus to move off these tables and presumably to (somewhat, slightly) tougher tables?

The second question may not even be worth answering, honestly... Most of Party/Empire 2/4 games are simply good, regardless.

Thanks.

ElSapo

JPNet
09-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Wireless:
If you are going to use wireless, you need to turn on WEP encryption on your wireless router and on the laptop. Of course after you turn it on for the router you won't have any choice but to set up the laptop, because you won't be able to connect until you do.
With WEP on, I think you can play poker online without worry. I use mine all the time.
Without WEP, I wouldn't use wireless for anything.

Empire:
I don't think you are going to find any tougher tables than Party, you will find the same tables though.

JAque
09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
READ my post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1032750&page=2&view=expan ded&sb)

I think you should use encryption for the reasons I explained in the previous post

JAque

scotnt73
09-17-2004, 04:50 PM
if you multitable do the bonus and knock it out in 1 day and go back to party. i always keep part of my roll in netteller so i can immediately deposit it. knock out the bonus. cash out. immediately log back onto party without much interuption and hopefully at least 100$ richer /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i play 2/4 as well but i just play 1/2 when im bonus whoring because my minimum goal is to break even for the few hours that im doing it. i also play much tighter. thats whats so cool about partys bonus-you can just sit there folding everything but group 1 hands and knock out the bonus.