PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Sept. 19 NLHE $300-$30 Fall Poker Classic Canterbury

RED_RAIN
09-17-2004, 02:46 PM
I might be in this event. Trying to decide between this one and Tuesday NLHE $100+20. Gotta look how long they take since I have to drive back to college regardless of which one and Monday is more important than Wednesday for me. Anyone else going to be? Or any of the other Fall Poker Classic events?

For now looks likely for Sundays.

Come say hi if you like, name is Kyle. May be wearing a black shirt that says "UNDEFEATED".

My Pic (http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zGmRrDQjIw1Q5nPQU8JeTOXa5fS3gzaylgp_zf 1MAX_ySyBNepDkRzz8kNUnj25OVd2d1re_o1fGA/00.jpg?MdToken=3339276955560323)

whiskeytown
09-17-2004, 03:32 PM
very good chance I'll be in the Tues. event and MAYBE wed...if my job offer comes in I start Wed. night and then I won't do it.

RB

banditbdl
09-17-2004, 05:09 PM
I'll be playing in the 300 on Sunday. Wearing a backwards Black Timberwolves hat. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Andy B
09-17-2004, 11:00 PM
I'll probably play in the stud event, and I may play in a satellite or two for the main event. I start a new job on Monday, so I won't be down for as much side action as I had thought. May show up Sunday. Should be around next weekend.

Schneids
09-18-2004, 06:46 AM
I'll prolly be wearing my "do I look like an ATM?" t-shirt that is a greenish color. I might change my mind though before then. Otherwise ask one of the board girls or floor people if they've seen Schneids around (depending on who it is there's a chance they may not know me since afternoons are not my typical playing time).

P.S. it is pronounced Sh-nIdes. Not Sh-nEedes.

Nate tha' Great
09-18-2004, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll prolly be wearing my "do I look like an ATM?" t-shirt that is a greenish color. I might change my mind though before then. Otherwise ask one of the board girls or floor people if they've seen Schneids around (depending on who it is there's a chance they may not know me since afternoons are not my typical playing time).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is board girl? Do they look like Vanna White? We don't have those in Chicago.

Schneids
09-18-2004, 06:59 AM
They're in the front of the room with the waiting lists for all the tables, and they call your name when a seat has opened up for you.

Surely you have these in Chicago?

None of them look like Vanna White though one slightly resembles Kirsten Dunst.

Nate tha' Great
09-18-2004, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They're in the front of the room with the waiting lists for all the tables, and they call your name when a seat has opened up for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's cardroom is grossly understaffed and sometimes there's just one floor manager/boardgirl(boardboy). Last night, there was a boardgirl. She did not look like Kirsten Dunst. btw, when are you going to make it down here? Surely you must wonder what it is like to be in a real city.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-18-2004, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

None of them look like Vanna White though one slightly resembles Kirsten Dunst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the cardrooms I've played in (which is admittedly only about 10, all in Vegas other than Canterbury) the "Board Girls" at Canterbury are the best. Big board, fast table changes, very efficient, very nice. Now if they could only get about 20 more tables so the wait on Friday night was less than 2 hours...

prohibo
09-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Or three hours like it was for Brian and I last night. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Cooling Heels
09-18-2004, 08:14 PM
"Tuesday NLHE $100+20", ouch, that is a huge rake
for the house.

RED_RAIN
09-18-2004, 08:27 PM
True dat.

I have decided I will be playing in tomorrow's $300+30.

Wearing khaki shorts or jean pants (weather permitting) and a black t-shirt with white lettering in the front of the word "UNDEFEATED".

Brian
09-18-2004, 09:24 PM
I saw Kirsten Dunst /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Nate, I didn't know you were coming up for the FPC. What do you look like? I've got my pics posted in here. Look for me and say hi.

-Brian

whiskeytown
09-18-2004, 10:11 PM
and then the 200 ones are only 25 -

yah....it's a rape....hopefully, tips for dealers come from that...but who knows.

but I'm in it...already signed up - Table 30, seat 4

RB

whiskeytown
09-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Lisa? - no way....

you've been underage drinking again, haven't you...

one ex-gf. looked like a brunette Kirsten Dunst....but that's when I was cute, fun, and full of hope...now the girls I attract look like mimi from the Drew Carey show...

RB

Schneids
09-18-2004, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lisa? - no way....

you've been underage drinking again, haven't you...

one ex-gf. looked like a brunette Kirsten Dunst....but that's when I was cute, fun, and full of hope...now the girls I attract look like mimi from the Drew Carey show...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn on Spider-Man and then get back to me. I'm not saying identical but I'm definitely saying strong resemblance.

whiskeytown
09-18-2004, 11:56 PM
maybe a little in the face...

Leesa is cuter then hell, but too short and too petite...though I once dropped her name in a song I wrote about a burned out alcoholic compulsive poker player who was gonna drop it all and move to San Diego - (friend said I should write songs about what I know)

Kristen, now that girl's at least a B-cup.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

Andy B
09-19-2004, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....hopefully, tips for dealers come from that...

[/ QUOTE ]
You're so silly. Three percent of the prize pool is withheld for the dealers.

RED_RAIN
09-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Hmmm 4:30 AM...a bit later than I wanted to get asleep hehehe...see you guys tomorrow

whiskeytown
09-19-2004, 09:56 AM
been a few yrs. since I played a fall classic tourney...seems like I'm unemployed every year it comes around....

son of a bitch...I"m seeing a pattern....

ah well - one tourney anyways. - just to get some fun

RB

NLSoldier
09-19-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Leesa is cuter then hell, but too short and too petite...though I once dropped her name in a song I wrote about a burned out alcoholic compulsive poker player who was gonna drop it all and move to San Diego -

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about dropping poker, but i would highly reccomend the move to san diego. Pretty decent cardrooms around here too, with far less wait than canterbury /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cooling Heels
09-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Do the players all know that 3% is pulled out of the prize
pool, or do some of those who earning prize money donate
a portion of their winnings into an already funded tip pool?

Andy B
09-19-2004, 10:17 PM
The flyers all say that 3% is withheld for the prize pool. They still have a toke box for those who wish to tip more. I gave them a small amount last year, but I think 3% is about right anyway.

bicyclekick
09-20-2004, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The flyers all say that 3% is withheld for the prize pool. They still have a toke box for those who wish to tip more. I gave them a small amount last year, but I think 3% is about right anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

dslfkaj;sdf. Dammit. I tipped those fuuckers 100 bucks of 1290 because the woman who payed me said it's the only way dealers get money that night and of course I was feeling really good from my win. shortly after I kinda regretted it cause I honestly don't think they deserve that much but I didn't want to be the [censored] that didn't tip.

Lying assholes.

Schneids
09-20-2004, 08:44 AM
For those who care, when we were down to 32 players remaining and on dinner break, Vehn and I calculated the average stack size to be 8BB.

Yup, the blinds and antes move up too fast.

You can get a decent amount of play for the $$, but like any tournament, to win it you're going to need a lot of fortunate breaks.

I'm just saying this though because I finished 29th and top 27 pay.

Edit to add: Vehn finished 14th and I'm pretty sure would share the same sentiments.

worm33
09-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Im surprised to hear that there wasnt much play in the no limit event. In the limit event there was A LOT of play.

Andy B
09-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I'd say you got your money's worth.

The limit and no-limit tournaments have the same stack sizes and similar blind structures. A no-limit game with $10-15 blinds is going to play significantly bigger than a $15/30 game. Also, people bust out faster in no-limit tournaments than in limit tournaments. The stakes always increase faster than the stack sizes do in tournaments, but this phenomenon is even more pronounced in no-limit events. Also, there were more participants in the no-limit even, which magnified this effect even further.

My adoring fans will no doubt be disappointed to learn that I will be unable to play in the stud tournament after all. It only took me three years, but I've finally found a job, and it behooves me to show up on Friday. I'll be around during the weekend, and will be playing somewhere in the $2/4-$30/60 range

tek
10-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Jan will try to get tips for the dealers from in the money finishers. She has to make an effort to please the dealers...

But you don't have to tip in a tourney. The flyers say they withhold 3% for dealers. They run tourneys, they are the experts and if they take out 3%--it's good enough for me.

Read my lips "No new tips".

Andy B
10-03-2004, 10:01 PM
It's fine if they hustle tips. If they're lying to get tips, I have a big problem with that. I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened. I would certainly like to think that Jan wouldn't do something like that, but I can't think of another woman who is ever in the position of paying the winners.

whiskeytown
10-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I never saw a 3 percent gratuity on any of the fliers I got...

was that last yr? - It wasn't in the ones online anyways or the ones I picked up in the room.

now that the bastard's over, I may go out there again.

RB

tek
10-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Just go to the results section at Canterbury's website. Multiply the buy-in (300, 500 1000, etc) by the number of entries. Then compare that tot he prize fund. You will see that the prize fund is 97%, not 100%.

RED_RAIN
10-04-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never saw a 3 percent gratuity on any of the fliers I got...

was that last yr? - It wasn't in the ones online anyways or the ones I picked up in the room.

now that the bastard's over, I may go out there again.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on the one this year.