PDA

View Full Version : AK UTG c/r on a missed flop

theghost
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Standard for the pot size?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (29 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (19.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Entity
09-17-2004, 03:33 PM
With the size of the pot, you want to make others fold for two cold, but they're probably correct in calling with just about any piece of that board (getting 15:1). I probably call and c/r the turn.

Rob

PokerBob
09-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I think this hand is a perfect example why Miller says NOT to raise the flop as with over 30 BB in there, EVERYONE has odds to call. But if you wait to c/r the turn (assuming all checked to the CO again on the turn and just called the CO's single bet on the flop), there will be 18 + 1 + 2 = 21 BB's after your c/r, so now they are only getting (21/5) 5.25 - 1 to call, which for many of them is clearly bad odds (gutshots, etc.).

Basically, your c/r on the flop drvies away no one. Besides, you have Ace-high, who are you trapping?

theghost
09-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Good point - because of the relative bet size in proportion to the pot, c/r on the turn is much more effective.

Do you recommend a check-raise on the turn even if it's a blank for me, or by then am I too sure that I'm behind?

Entity
09-17-2004, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good point - because of the relative bet size in proportion to the pot, c/r on the turn is much more effective.

Do you recommend a check-raise on the turn even if it's a blank for me, or by then am I too sure that I'm behind?

[/ QUOTE ]
If it blanks on the turn, you cannot checkraise. You're getting odds on the turn to call and hit your A/K, but you don't want to invest any more than you have to.

Rob