PDA

View Full Version : AKo in MP with Very Coordinated Flop

ugadawg
09-17-2004, 02:25 PM
<font color="red"> UTG was typical LAG on PP. Any A, K etc. But, was on tilt and had been raising PF almost every hand without a showdown. So, I had no info on what UTG raised with PF. </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dawg is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Dawg 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Dawg calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Dawg calls, Button calls.

<font color="red"> /images/graemlins/shocked.gif This board scared me... ANY pocket pair beats me. I wussed out but figured if an A or K fell I might be OK. Stinky play? It was a pretty big pot too.</font>
Turn: (13.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Dawg calls, Button folds.

<font color="red"> Damn, now I have become a calling station. I have the best kickers for 3 of a kind and this is a big pot - - was all that was in my head.</font>

River: (15.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Dawg calls.

<font color="red"> I had to see what UTG had and what he PFR with. </font>
Final Pot: 17.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.25 BB, between UTG and Dawg.</font>

Piiop
09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
With UTG on tilt, I think calling down is fine. The pot is ginormous so there's no way you can fold the flop or turn. I think you'll win/split the river enough times to make the call profitable.

jluker7
09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
with that read, im calling flop and raising turn.
to make him fold on turn, hopefully.
any hand he has can still beat you on river if he makes a pair.
When you raise turn if he is bluffing he might fold, or he might 3 bet (which would suck).

also you may get people out of the hand with other cards that could hit on river.

but if he is the super lag, on tilt, raise turn for value that he has some crappy hand like k9, or q8.

either way is good. calling down is nice because it saves u bets if he had a hand like 55.

Piiop
09-17-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to make him fold on turn, hopefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say there's about a 0% chance of that happening.

[ QUOTE ]
also you may get people out of the hand with other cards that could hit on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good reason, except the 2 other players in the hand are between you and UTG and they already folded the turn. There's only 1 person left to act after you.

[ QUOTE ]
but if he is the super lag, on tilt, raise turn for value that he has some crappy hand like k9, or q8

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't consider that to be a "value raise". He's either betting a worse hand or betting a better hand. You have oods to call if you have a worse hand. If you have a better hand, you don't want him to stop betting it for you, and a raise won't get him to fold. If you hit a K or A on the river, he'll still bet into and you can raise then.

jluker7
09-17-2004, 03:35 PM
After thinking about it, over and over. I agree that raising turn isnt right. If you were going to raise it should have been on flop, then call down turn and river.

ugadawg
09-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the input all. I really had a lot questions after reviewing this hand. Any guesses what villian showed at showdown?

Entity
09-17-2004, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input all. I really had a lot questions after reviewing this hand. Any guesses what villian showed at showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]
37o?