PDA

View Full Version : $55 NL SnG hand- leak?

kamelion44
09-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Is this sort of move the thing that's costing me alot of ROI in the SnGs? I don't have the hand history on me, so here is a quick summary. I have AJs, on the button, I have 2500 chips, the BB has 1600. Blinds are 100-200. I raise up to 600, the BB pushes for 1000 more. I call. Is this a clear fold?

Also, what hands do you guys usually steal with to begin with? Does Magnus' $10 SnG guideline hold for you guys on the $55 tables too?

SmileyEH
09-17-2004, 03:57 PM
If the SB also had less than 10xBB I would move in. For me the 10xBB rule applies to me and anyone to act afterward. You really have to call getting better than 2-1, thats why a push preflop is in order.

An alternate line is to raise to something like 500, then a rerais all will not give you such pretty odds and you can make a read and lay down your hand.

-SmileyEH

Gator
09-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Here's a good example why the 600 bet may not have been appropriate. Yesterday I was in SNG on button with about 2800. 4 players left - utg has about same chip count as me with blinds smaller stacked. Blinds are 100/200 and UTG raises to 600.
I have AQu and come over the top - some may criticize this play as I am almost guaranteed money finish - but I like the play. I like my hand if called and give myself a lot of fold equity feeling UTG will probably not risk placing 4th.
UTG ends up calling with JJ. I win the race.
UTG should have raised more (800 -1200) and show me he's pot committed. In that case, I discount my fold equity and probably release the hand.
Calling/not calling the the AJs probably wasn't the issue - the preflop bet was. It gave your opponent fold equity.
Opponent with pair (2's - tens) has realistic expectation you will fold to reraise - if he's denied that, the value of a reraise decreases substantially.

Jman28
09-17-2004, 06:23 PM
I think it matters how many players were left and their stack sizes too. Does it not?