PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: Arizona - St. Louis

Lori
09-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm rather better at baseball than football, though probably still not a winner on standard lines (I'm lucky enough to be able to trade on exchanges, so it's hard to lose)

Anyway, Webb starts for Arizona tonight and although far from being much of a winner, he still puts up consistent numbers.

His last ten starts include two against LA, one against HOU and one against SF and he has only conceded over 4 runs once in that time, giving up 22 runs from 60.2 innings.

He doesn't get through the games much beyond the 6th, which is our worry here.

Meanwhile, St. Louis has a magic number of 4 and have come off a 2-1 series defeat by Houston.

In my opinion they are taking it easy to avoid injury before the pretty much certain playoffs.

Finally, the important information, the price.

Arizona are +280 for this, and although obviously an outside bet, I think that this is the best bet I've seen all week.

Reminder: I am not American.

Lori

mrbaseball
09-17-2004, 12:38 PM
I love the big dogs! But not this one. I wouldn't bet StL either as the line looks about right to me. I don't see much edge on either side.

AZ with Webb starting is 10-21 and StL with Williams starting is 19-9. AZ worst team in league while StL best. AZ especially bad on the road and StL especially good at home.

Cards will rest Rolen and be careful of injury and keep their pitchers fresh regardless of the situation in this game. But there is a big gap here and the line although looking tasty on the surface seems pretty close to expectations based on performance so far this season.

scalf
09-17-2004, 01:25 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif actually; this is a scalf secret play..

az +287 huge bet
az -1.5 +450 medium bet..

gl

nice call

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

lorinda
09-17-2004, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bottom 3rd B:0 S:1 O:0
Mike Matheny homers (5) on a fly ball to left field.

Bottom 3rd B:0 S:0 O:0
Woody Williams hit by pitch.

Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Brandon Webb ejected by HP umpire Jerry Layne.

[/ QUOTE ]

I blame Scalf (Seems to be the traditional thing to do /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Edit, additional info:
[ QUOTE ]

Arizona Diamondbacks Manager Al Pedrique ejected by HP umpire Jerry Layne.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting tougher now /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lori

Lori
09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Arrrrrgh! Heartbreak.

Only watched on mlb website, but what a game.

I'll find another way for people to lose their money soon no doubt.

Sorry to anyone who followed /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lori