PDA

View Full Version : AQs - played too far?

theghost
09-17-2004, 11:56 AM
(I suspect that I sucked a bit on this one...check/fold the flop?)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

BTR? I didn't think any of these guys were going anywhere.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

zuluking
09-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Against 4 on the turn, you gotta check/fold.

RED_RAIN
09-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Right on.

Flush made it, K won't go anywhere, 5 isn't going anywhere only asking to get raised here.

4 people to flop, 4 people call to see turn, you won't get them all to fold. Likely only drawing live to your Ace.

flexus
09-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Dude this flop really sucks for you.

I think this is one of the rare occassions where you might check and fold to a flop bet after being the preflop aggressor.

Betting the turn ultimately sucks.

k000k
09-17-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of the rare occassions where you might check and fold to a flop bet after being the preflop aggressor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Na, I'd still bet the flop.. I'd check/fold the turn. Too many players are here and the pot is decent size, I doubt you're gonna knock em ALL out. Anyone with a piece of that flop is gonna call you down.

frank_iii
09-17-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree here. I can auto-bet the flop after a preflop raise with the best of 'em, but I just don't see much point here. You're drawing to the remaining 2 non-heart aces and you can't even feel comfortable with that. To me, this is a losing proposition in the long run.