PDA

View Full Version : 99

Entity
09-17-2004, 11:52 AM
3bet the flop or play it like I did? CO is aggressive and will bet the flop if he misses.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (21.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 33.70 BB

zuluking
09-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Man! What river action! I love how the CO became a calling station at the end, cold-calling every raise. I would have either bet out, or c/r on the flop. Probably c/r since I usually bet out with a low set, i.e., 222-666.

Entity
09-17-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man! What river action! I love how the CO became a calling station at the end, cold-calling every raise. I would have either bet out, or c/r on the flop. Probably c/r since I usually bet out with a low set, i.e., 222-666.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it was a great hand to be in. I put CO on a premium hand after the flop (AK-AJ, AA-QQ, was praying not JJ), but I wanted to keep the calling stations in the hand on the flop -- didn't want to give away the strength of my hand to CO, who I figured would get into a raising war when I raised a blank. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I almost always bet out with a set, but this was one of those occasions where I didn't want the field to face 2 cold, and I feared the C/R would make my hand lose action in later rounds. Still not sure if I was justified.

Rob

frank_iii
09-17-2004, 12:13 PM
With that kind of read on CO, I love the action all the way around. Your position (behind two committed callers) made for a beautiful c/r on the turn.

RED_RAIN
09-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Excellent play. Some could argue to check/raise flop.

But you made more by not. Only thing would suck is if the turn got checked around, but by your CO description, sounds unlikely.