PDA

View Full Version : AJ in the BB. 3$ Stars Tourney

wjmooner
09-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Long time lurker who rode all of the great advice here to a 4th place finish in this same PS 3$ tourney last Thursday.

Wanted advice on this hand from last night. 120 left, I'm about 70 in chip position with 17k after posting the BB. We're in the money, but as always the real money is at the final table.

Blinds are at 1k/2k

Folded around to the BB (77k) who raises to 8k. Small blind (shorter stack than me) folds.

I am in the BB with AJo.

I've only been at the table for 6 hands and the button has played a couple of hands already. His raise screams weakness to me. I'm pretty sure If he had a great hand he would raise less than 4x the BB.

What is your play? Results to follow

SossMan
09-17-2004, 12:19 PM
"Folded around to the BB (77k) who raises to 8k."

I'll assume you meant the button, since if it gets folded to the BB, the hand is over. lol

I would push or fold here. AJo is probably better on average than his range of hands here. You probably have no folding equity, since your reraise gives him over 3:1 on the call and he has a fairly large stack.
I would push and hope he has a dominated ace or even two unders.

Roman
09-17-2004, 12:23 PM
I also push here, you arent in great shape with 8x after posting the SB, and his raise screams weakness, this seems like a good spot to pick up a good amount of chips.

JARID
09-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Get the chips in. If he has a premium hand here so be it, but there are many hands that you beat or crush or are at worst a toss up with, where he would make this move.

-Jarid

wjmooner
09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Yea, I meant it was folded to the button. Anyway, I figured to have no chance of getting him to fold, but a double up here would have put me around 30th place and given me some breathing room.

I pushed and the button called with QT. Spiked a T on the river and my tourney is over.