PDA

View Full Version : JJJJ, how do I extract max value?

sluttysteve
09-17-2004, 11:08 AM
My reasoning for checking on the turn was that both a big card and a club came up, and I wanted to look scared and close to peeing my pants. Unfortunately no one bet and I missed three BBs. How do I get max value outta this hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Jd Jh (four of a kind, jacks).
UTG+1 has 6d 8d (two pair, jacks and eights).
UTG+2 has 9d Ks (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

challenger84
09-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Bet/raise/cap flop.
Bet/raise/cap turn.
Bet/raise/cap river.

Don't get cute, who do you think is going to bet with 2 jacks on board? You crippled the deck.

frank_iii
09-17-2004, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/raise/cap flop.
Bet/raise/cap turn.
Bet/raise/cap river.

Don't get cute, who do you think is going to bet with 2 jacks on board? You crippled the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. Also consider that someone might have hit a flush on the turn. If I have quads and a flush hits on the turn "showtunes are going off in my head" (to steal a line from Vince VP).

Marquis
09-17-2004, 11:28 AM
By putting UTG+1 and UTG+2 on your buddy list, noting their wonderful pre-flop play.

I think checking the turn was a good effort; I like it.

sluttysteve
09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Bleh, I really thought I could induce a bluff here with an overcard and a third flush card showing up. How did the guy with K9o not bet here, he made a monster two pair!

RyGreen18
09-17-2004, 12:06 PM
there was no 8 on board, he only hit the K...

btspider
09-17-2004, 12:09 PM
bet the turn, you want the flush or bluffer to raise you. a bluffer folds to a check-raise. a flusher may cap a 3-bet or at worst call down.

Fiddler
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't worry about extracting the maximum, situations like these are rare. I would just bet out on every street and if someone raises me, good. If not, I can live with it.

bisonbison
09-17-2004, 02:44 PM
bet the turn.

Steve, in the long run getting tricky with your monster hands will affect your earn on your less than monster hands.

sluttysteve
09-17-2004, 02:54 PM
i knew btspider was a 2+2er!

i kept on seeing you on the Party 1/2s, always thought to myself, that names sounds familiar, have i seen him before somewhere?

sluttysteve
09-17-2004, 02:54 PM
How so? Please elaborate.

bisonbison
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
If it's folded to me in late position, I raise AA 100% of the time because I raise A8s 100% of the time.

When I flop the nuts, I almost always bet because I almost always bet an overpair, a draw, top pair good kicker, etc., etc.

There's sort of a magic happening: if your opponents are observant, you don't want to vary your play too much based on hand value (between good and monster hands) because they'll notice. If they aren't observant, they're too loose and you should bet anyway.

sfer
09-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Bet the turn. The A /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, and T /images/graemlins/club.gif are calling on the turn but not on the river if they miss.