PDA

View Full Version : Push With KQs?

RacersEdge
09-17-2004, 10:20 AM
With possibly 10 outs and a flush runner potential, do you push this on the flop or take the free card? Anything played differently if my opponent was not the chip leader?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed)

SB (t1470)
BB (t1485)
UTG (t2022)
UTG+1 (t4481)
Hero (t1190)
MP2 (t2056)
MP3 (t3111)
CO (t1683)
Button (t2502)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t450</font>, Hero calls t450, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t1125) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t1125) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t740 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 calls t740.

River: (t2605) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2605

Potowame
09-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Easy fold preflop for me. I know if you have been card dead for awhile this may look good, but sigh and fold.

Reasons:

1. You called 37%, of your stack with a 10BB stack

2. What are You going to do if a late position player
Pushes and UTG+1 calls?

3. You will gettop pair and still lose alot of time
on the flop.

as for the other play it was Checked to you, why push when he is giving you a free card, I don't see a fold here form a wide range of hands.

The river is either your friend here or you where drawing dead already. With your stack you have to hope this was your friend.

SossMan
09-17-2004, 12:14 PM
This play was surely fold or push preflop. If you accidentaly called preflop, then you really should push on that flop.
If you accidentaly checked behind on the flop, then you really need to check behind on the turn.

I think it's a clean sweep....misplayed on every street.

seriously, fold preflop.

Roman
09-17-2004, 12:21 PM
horribly misplayed on every street, the only play thats slightly debatable is the push vs check behind on the turn.

Poker Junkie
09-17-2004, 12:40 PM
If you felt the need to continue after that large raise I agree you should have pushed. If not fold.

Walt

RacersEdge
09-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Looking at this hand in a more strategic perspective - let's say the initial raiser can be put on a PP (below Q). Given my situtation at the time, if I push PF and end up head to head with the PP (giving me almost a 50-50 chance), where am I on the happiness scale that it came down to that event?

I think these kind of strategic issues give direction to your play. Look forward to your replies.

Thanks.

fnurt
09-17-2004, 02:57 PM
He could easily have AK or AQ (not to mention a big pair). How can you possibly put him on a low pair? It's the same as the guy with 66 who always "puts him on two overcards."

This is not hand reading, it is just wishful thinking.

Potowame
09-17-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies.

Looking at this hand in a more strategic perspective - let's say the initial raiser can be put on a PP (below Q). Given my situtation at the time, if I push PF and end up head to head with the PP (giving me almost a 50-50 chance), where am I on the happiness scale that it came down to that event?

I think these kind of strategic issues give direction to your play. Look forward to your replies.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very bad, thought process. I am sry if thats harsh, But there is more to your call than that. This Might make alittle since if you where in CO or on the Button, but You are in early position. What If someone pushes all-in from MP3, are you going to put this guy on a pp less than QQ, and think Your getting a good overlay to call, to both players All--ins? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

RacersEdge
09-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks again for your opinions.

Let's just look at a hypothetical situation unrelated to this particular hand. Let's say your stack is about 8 times BB, you are currently 10th spot out of 10 players, you are in late position - the button even. If you somehow knew that a raise came from a PP (JJ or lower), would you want to go all in with KQs?

SossMan
09-17-2004, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again for your opinions.

Let's just look at a hypothetical situation unrelated to this particular hand. Let's say your stack is about 8 times BB, you are currently 10th spot out of 10 players, you are in late position - the button even. If you somehow knew that a raise came from a PP (JJ or lower), would you want to go all in with KQs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if there was a decent chance that he would fold preflop. Or if the dealer was hot and asian (they are always good luck).

Potowame
09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
If he would Fold 99-JJ 20% of the time here It would be a good play from CO or later. This would have to be a tight player to muc here.

Its alot eaiser to get these pairs to fold to your All-in when they have no chips in the POT.