PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Rather?

GWB
09-17-2004, 07:42 AM
I was reading this article, (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/232939p-200044c.html) and they pointed out that CBS does not have a designated successor. It may not happen right away, but who do you think will take the anchor chair when Rather leaves it?

James Boston
09-17-2004, 08:59 AM
I have no idea, but if you're hinting that his erroneous report about GWB will lead to his dimissal, I doubt CBS brass will have the balls to do that.

Dominic
09-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Who cares? Why we put such exalted status on these TV News Anchors, I have no idea. I like the British view on this job:

they simply call them "News Readers."

That's all they do. they aren't journalists.

GWB
09-17-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who cares? Why we put such exalted status on these TV News Anchors, I have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like it or not, they have power in the US. If his story was not revealed as a fraud, Dan Rather could have changed the election result. He will probably still try his best to get Kerry elected anyway.

SnakeRat
09-17-2004, 03:24 PM
First off the story isn't a fraud, a document used as support for the story is probably a fraud.
In fact you KNOW the story to be true.

If the documents were not fraudulent you would not be on here saying, "this story could change the election's outcome." You would be saying something about how its old news and you were able to overcome it in past elections.

Its pretty clear the purpose of this post is to attack Dan Rather.
Maybe he is building WMDs in his basement...
Or supports responsible Government spending..

Dan Rather and CBS got duped into representing fake documents as real ones.
Its not as bad as Bush knowingly lying about how well things are going in Iraq.

GWB
09-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Of course they are not firing the people who allowed phony documents on the air, or the people who are covering up their mistake. They are firing the people who want to fix the problem:

Rather criticism got him fired (http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=286890&category=&BCCode=&newsdat e=9/18/2004)

Jimbo
09-19-2004, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First off the story isn't a fraud, a document used as support for the story is probably a fraud.
In fact you KNOW the story to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

A minor correction is in order. All available evidence shows that the then Lt. Bush fulfilled his Guard obligations and received his honorable discharge. The person accused of casting undue influence in his entry into the Guard has spoken publiclly that this is false. Yet you say the contents of forged documents are accurate even though the documents are forgef? It does not take a genius to understand that if the documents were real that the originals would be produced along with the accuser speaking oput to the American people. You liberals are quite desperate and show your disdain of the American public by atempting to not only perpertrate this hoax but to think that people will buy into the ruse.

Jimbo

Zeno
09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who will replace Rather?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since all he does is read the news, I think a young beautiful woman with large perky breasts and full-pouting lips should replace him. I may even start watching CBS News then. Who wants to look at Dan Rather while he babbles out fraudulent news stories when a perfectly good Blonde Bimbo would be a stellar improvement?

On an even more serious note however, no one could really replace Dan Rather - not even God. Dan Rather being more important and knowledgeable than God Himself.

-Zeno

GHWB
09-20-2004, 05:41 PM
I got Dannie back in '88.

Remember the "7 minutes off the air" thing he did? I called him on it. ha ha

Sorry son, he's probably goin' after you because of me. But I got him good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

threadkiller
09-21-2004, 01:53 AM
I think it's going to be somebody that's not currently at CBS. My bet would be on Lester Holt, since many people that watch (C/MS)NBC think that Holt is better than Brian Williams.

If they do pick an insider, I hope it's Thalia Assuras, although she's too much fun (I remember her from her World News Now days with Aaron Brown) for such a serious position.