PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 Hand

JasonM
09-17-2004, 05:58 AM
20-40 Online 6 Max

The game has been fairly wild most of the night mostly coming from the player who is UTG in this hand. UTG has been raising preflop 90% of the time.

I get K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. UTG raises, CO calls, I 3-bet, blinds fold, UTG caps, CO Calls, I call.

Flop
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, CO calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, CO calls, I cap.

Turn
J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, CO calls.

What now?

Fisherking
09-17-2004, 10:55 AM
What I'd do depends on what read I have on the opponents. The loose raiser sounds like a crazy player doing these raises all the time, and the CO is there only to police him, then I guess a call to showdown would be warranted.

But if the loose player plays his cards well post-flop I guess I'd either fold or raise and fold to a 3-bet.

If the CO is a rock who can keep his cool, I'd fold.

Nightwish
09-17-2004, 05:02 PM
I take it that UTG is a maniac, right? What is the CO like? Is he a calling station? There's not enough information here to figure out whether you should raise or call, but folding is absolutely out of the question.

BTW, if it were just you against the maniac on the turn with no CO there, you should raise again.

Nate tha' Great
09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Call turn, call river.

Where is there 6-max online for 20/40 stakes?

JasonM
09-18-2004, 02:25 AM
I have played with UTG several times before and for the most part he is a solid player, but this time he is on mega-tilt or something and is playing like a total maniac.

Another hand I was involved with him, I had KK in the small blind, he raised player to his left 3-bet, I capped, both called. Capped on a 9 high flop, both call my turn bet, River was an A, I check and fold after a bet and a raise, both players had AQ.

The CO is definitely a calling station, however I'm sure he would have raised the turn if he had a J.

JasonM
09-18-2004, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is there 6-max online for 20/40 stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima

Nightwish
09-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Raise the turn.