PDA

View Full Version : Pools...What's Yours Like?

kdog
09-17-2004, 01:45 AM
I'd be interested in hearing about what kind of pools are out there. I've been in one I like for a few years that plays like this:

Entry fee $250. Person who runs the pool gets in free. If there are more than 25 entries an assisstant also gets in free.

Pick 5 games each week against the spread. Pays first half winner, second half winner and top three for season.

Pick one total each week. Pays fist half winner, second half winner and season winner.

Suicide pool. Pick one team each week to win the game(no point spread). You can only choose a team once in a season.
Pays last man standing and season winner.

Skins pool. $50 each week goes in. Best record of the seven total picks for the week wins. In the event of ties the money rolls over to the following week.

There are 35-40 people in this one every year. Payouts vary a little depending on just how many so I won't list any percentages but the season winners pay more except for the suicide pool.

Anybody got any other ideas we could add to this?

lorinda
09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Whilst I haven't done it for football, it would possibly be of interest.

Everyone hands in their picks for every game in private. (So person running the pool probably puts his in first).
Points for your pick are given depending on how many people chose that selection.

So if you have 40 players and 20 pick one side, you get 2 points (or equivalent) if you win. (40/20)

If however only 5 players pick the winning selection, each one to get it gets 8 points (40/5)

Means you are not rewarded for copying someone else's picks.

Best score of the week wins something small, best three of the season take the rest.

Lori