PDA

View Full Version : 1st ventures into NL ring games

NNH
09-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Hello all,

This is my first of hopefully quite a few posts in this forum. I'm mostly an SNG player, and have decided to give NL ring games a shot. I'm going to start at the Stars .10/.25 game and work my way up from there. Started w/ $50 yesterday. Wish me luck.

Here's a hand that I have some questions about. A little background... I have been at the table for about an hour and built up a nice stack. Button has not been at table for long, but has been pretty tight so far. I've been bullying the table since it got down to about 4 players since I had a nice chip lead. It's been heads up between me and button for about 15 hands. He caught on to my blind stealing and has reraised me a few hands now.

So here's the hand in question...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (2 handed)

Button ($9.05)
Hero ($30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.15, Button (poster) checks.

Flop: ($0.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $23.25</font>, Button calls $7.80 (All-In).

Turn: ($32.55) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($32.55) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $32.55

Here's my thinking. Small semi-bluff on the flop. He raises min, so I'm thinking he has part of flop, but likely not a great hand at all. Maybe 2nd button, or Jx. I decide to push hoping for a fold, but still having outs in case of a call.

What do you put Button on?
What's a better line for this hand?

Thanks in advance.

topspin
09-17-2004, 01:03 AM
You probably meant to post this in the NL forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NNH
09-17-2004, 01:06 AM

AlmightyJay
09-17-2004, 01:24 AM
But it says you're from Cicero.. is that Cicero, NY?