PDA

View Full Version : KJo - Bet the river?

milesdyson
09-16-2004, 11:35 PM
If you haven't noticed... I like asking this question. I'm trying to get more value out of my winning hands.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB...

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

cab4656
09-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Yes. Looks like BB just took a stab at it when the ace fell.

RED_RAIN
09-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Where is the PFR?

I might even just fold on the turn, such a small pot and you are behind everything except pocket pair and the flush draw.

I would not bet the river.

zolltron
09-16-2004, 11:54 PM
I agree about the BB bet, but I'm not sure many hands that are behind will call. An outkicked Jack might call, maybe a rivered nine, but it seems to me like the players were staying around with a draw that didn't come through. And sometimes you'll run into slowplayed trips or a scared ace. Certainly no better hand will fold.

Betting might be right, but I'm not sure its completely clear.

-z

milesdyson
09-17-2004, 12:09 AM
I don't like raising preflop with KJo unless in the CO or on the button.

RED_RAIN
09-17-2004, 12:13 AM
I know you don't as I assume most .5/1 players don't. When people ask how do others get such a high PFR%, this is one of those squeezing ones to get it there.

Yerma
09-17-2004, 12:32 AM
The preflop raise...it's pretty close as to whether you should or not. If that guy who limped up front has limped heavy before or if the blinds overdefends then you should just call.

Nottom
09-17-2004, 12:38 AM
I think this is a pretty clear raise Preflop against only 1 limper. Unless you have some reason to belive this guy has a hand that isn't crap you should raise, and even if you don't think he has crap you should seriously consider a raise anyway.

Add a couple more limpers and raising is no longer the best option most of the time.

RED_RAIN
09-17-2004, 01:00 AM
The reason I'm raising...is KJo does much better against fewer opponents...and the fact if I'm going to play with one limper and some behind, I want to play for a PFR. If I was one position in front of this, I fold, if one behind, I easily raise. This raise is marginal either way, so you could look at limper and if you think he limps with good hands I'd rather fold than call, but I also default to either raise.