PDA

View Full Version : Lucinda Williams

Rushmore
09-16-2004, 10:57 PM
I cannot take the CD World Without Tears out of the CD player in my car.

I worry that I may never be able to sell my car, for fear of giving up the CD, because, as I said, I cannot bring myself to remove the CD, because if I did remove the CD, then the CD would not be playing when I am in my car.

David Steele
09-16-2004, 11:12 PM
I assume you also have Essence and Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. I actually like those 2 albums a bit better, for one thing the recording quality is much better on those.

She was great live too.

D.

Dominic
09-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Williams is awesome....2 more ladies who seem to be always playing in my car...

PJ Harvey and Kelly Willis....

Rushmore
09-17-2004, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you also have Essence and Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. I actually like those 2 albums a bit better, for one thing the recording quality is much better on those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. But you know how these things go--this is what I can't get away from right now.

And I like the less polished production.

whiskeytown
09-17-2004, 11:00 AM
I have a fairly bad bootleg of Kelly Willis from when she played in Minneapolis - right at the beginning of the "What I deserve" tour -

both her and Lucinda are incredible - my friend Jer saw Lucinda at a Ryan Adams concert at the Turf Club in St. Paul - this was about 2001 - when she was in Mpls. recording Essence and he was just an up and coming songwriter, not the starf*cker he is today.

I liked Lucinda's last two albums a bit better as well over this current one - but no album is the same.

RB

Dominic
09-17-2004, 11:32 AM
I'ev seen Kelly willis three times...all in small, intimate clubs...she's just outstanding and have never understood why she is not more well known.l

sfer
09-17-2004, 11:52 AM
If I had a car I would say the same. As it stands, she's a regular on the iPod, in the subway.

David Steele
09-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Are you familiar with Gillian Welch also?

Her Revival and most recent one Soul Journey are excellent.

D.