PDA

View Full Version : Longest Breakeven Streak?

Sponger15SB
09-16-2004, 09:37 PM
10,000 hands and climbing.....

Sponger15SB
09-16-2004, 09:37 PM
anyone else care to add?

ChipLeader
09-16-2004, 09:40 PM
This forum is for advice, not polls, bad beats stories, good pot stories, etc. Please post questions next time.

Sponger15SB
09-16-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This forum is for advice, not polls, bad beats stories, good pot stories, etc. Please post questions next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the guy with 10 posts comes on and tells me what this forum is about, thank you very much, do you have a phd in message board posting?

What I meant to say is something like this:

I have experienced a really long breakeven streak, approximately 10,000 hands. It is rather disheartening to see strings of bad beats and every time I get a premuim hand everyone folds, and I was wonder, are there any other winning players out there who have experienced such swings in no-limit texas hold em poker.

Is that really such a terrible thing to ask?

Also, this forum is for polls....

Does anyone find this post

A) unhelpful
B) insulting

thatpfunk
09-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Why do they supply a polling option then? Relax dude.

ChipLeader
09-16-2004, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"What I meant to say is something like this:"

Did you notice that when you changed the wording it looked NOTHING like the original post? I didnt mean it to be insulting and im not worked up by any means. The original post was a complaint, not a question. And just because i dont have a lot of posts doesnt mean im not knowledgable. Last, yes- everyone has those swings at some point in their poker careers and while 10,000 seems a bit much, it can happen. Also, consider the possibility that at this point you may be trying to get your money back instead of playing the way the game should be played naturally. Maybe youre more willing to take a risk on a decent hand to "improve your luck", it happens subconsciously so dont simply scratch out the possibility. My advice is to have someone watch a sitting of yours and see if its truly bad luck or if you have a leak in your game. Maybe you have a severe leak, maybe youre in the gutter luck wise, or maybe youre playing slightly tilted as a result of this crap luck streak.

JrJordan
09-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Sponger, glad to see you on tonight. Looked like you were pretty card dead on the table with me. We talked briefly about our tests in the 6-max. I was 4-tabling 6-max $50 NL this summer for around 10k hands. Won a total of about $50 in that time. I think our cases may be different though, in that I suck at 6-max and you're just having a bad run with the cards. I've read your posts and gotten several replies from you on my own hands. You know you're a winning NL player and will break out of the funk, just a matter of when.

Sponger15SB
09-16-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"What I meant to say is something like this:"

Did you notice that when you changed the wording it looked NOTHING like the original post? I didnt mean it to be insulting and im not worked up by any means. The original post was a complaint, not a question. And just because i dont have a lot of posts doesnt mean im not knowledgable. Last, yes- everyone has those swings at some point in their poker careers and while 10,000 seems a bit much, it can happen. Also, consider the possibility that at this point you may be trying to get your money back instead of playing the way the game should be played naturally. Maybe youre more willing to take a risk on a decent hand to "improve your luck", it happens subconsciously so dont simply scratch out the possibility. My advice is to have someone watch a sitting of yours and see if its truly bad luck or if you have a leak in your game. Maybe you have a severe leak, maybe youre in the gutter luck wise, or maybe youre playing slightly tilted as a result of this crap luck streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

see now was that so hard to say something like that?

seriously, i just wanted to see if anyone has streaks like that while playing no-limit, because usually when people talk about streaks they are speaking about limit poker.

if i really wanted to bitch i'd just go to my usual spot. (http://www.internettexasholdem.com/~internet/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=64f0859ebaf0110ce6549b92d99b a8ff)

Tosh
09-16-2004, 11:17 PM
I haven't played enough NL to judge but I was losing over 15k hands in limit at a level where my winrate was over 2.5BB/100 for more than 60k hands.