PDA

View Full Version : runner runner 3 flush 2 bets to me with flopped set in big pot action?

Kevin
09-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Very loose game - coldcalled preflop for set value alone...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5. MP1 posts a blind of $7.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 (poster) calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (14.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls $6 (All-In).

River: (21.30 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises $15.5 (All-In)</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero....?

InchoateHand
09-16-2004, 08:21 PM
marginal call pre-flop with only one cold-caller before you. me no like.

river...call unless you know your opponents.

Malcom Reynolds
09-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I think there are four players you can confidently count in for two bets, so you're getting 4 to 1. I think it's fine with implied odds.

bisonbison
09-16-2004, 09:19 PM
marginal call pre-flop with only one cold-caller before you. me no like.

Are you looking at the same hand I am?

One limper, a raiser, 2 callers and it's on me with a pocket pair? Folding is lunacy.

Kevin
09-17-2004, 12:34 AM
I am probably going to get flamed big time for this... but I wanted to at least give my rationale:

River: (21.30 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises $15.5 (All-In)</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

The BB was pretty loose (36/2) and when he was raised, I thought that the liklihood of runner runner flush over runner runner flush was pretty unlikely. The preflop raiser who raised on the end could have had a hand like AsKs or AsJs. Or, he was so irritated that the pot was so large and his preflop hand didn't improve, that he could make a raise and try to get me to lay down a midling holding and take it down versus the bb - if he had similar notes. This was wishful thinking and I was about 95% sure that I was behind him, but thought that the BB, if he was flushed, would have tried for a CR since the runner runner flush was not as obvious as a flopped 4 flush. So, with that in mind, I 3 bet, pretty confident that he would call 2 cold for the price of the pot and I could win a side pot of 2 bbs. Of course, if he 4 bets, I am screwed, but felt that it was a risk worth taking because I didn't think that he would 4 bet without the nut flush (and there was no chance of a reraise from the raiser due to all-in). I posted this wondering if anyone would suggest a 3 bet for the side pot or an extra bet if I was indeed good (very small chance, I know). The feedback so far has been call for the bet and 1/2 - so this seems to have been a poor decision.

Flame Away,
Thanks,
Kevin

Final Pot: 27.95 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.90 BB, between BB, UTG+2, MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (18.90 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 7.05 BB, between BB, UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (7.05 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 3: 2 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (2 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 6c 7d (two pair, sevens and sixes).
UTG+2 has 9s Js (flush, jack high).
MP2 has Ac Qh (high card, ace).
Hero has 3d 3c (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 25.95 BB. Hero wins 2 BB. </font>