PDA

View Full Version : TWO more hands, that's it, I promise. Too aggressive/not aggressive?

Grisgra
09-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Standard? Too aggressive?

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>
----------------------------
Standard? Too passive?

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.16 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Guy McSucker
09-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Hand 1, hmmm, looks kind of okay since it's three handed, but he's telling you he has a big hand when he raises the flop after that heavy preflop action. Still I like your play, I think.

Hand 2, I think you need to raise earlier. I would usually raise the flop with top pair good kicker. There's some merit in waiting to raise on the turn if no overcard hits, just for variety in these heads up situations, I think. I don't like waiting till the river. You give him too many chances to hit!

Guy.

stripsqueez
09-17-2004, 04:34 AM
go to war on the flop on both hands - on the second hand you should be keen to charge a heap on the flop with a vulnerable top pair - waiting for the river to raise is way to much slow playing

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Guido
09-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Hand 1: Is a cap normal? I 3-bet the flop and take it from there.

Hand 2: I defenately raise the flop or turn.

Guido

Nikla
09-17-2004, 08:37 AM
I dont understand why people cap preflop headsup like that. You're far better off against typical opponents just calling the 3-bet, no matter if u have AA or Ace-junk. If you 4-bet preflop, youre leading 100% of the time at a 5 sb cost. If you call his 3-bet and checkraise every flop you will be in a much better position to take down the pot at the same 5 sb cost. The only argument I see for capping it preflop would be against opponents who automatically puts on you a big ace rather than a big pair when you cap it pre and will give you action if they pair up.