PDA

View Full Version : More 5-max hands -- help?!

Grisgra
09-16-2004, 07:17 PM
I have to show the results for this one, truly bizarre (and pretty representative of my last 1000 hands or so).

Did I wuss out on the turn?

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (8.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 7c 7h (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero has Qs Td (one pair, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 8.50 BB. </font>
------------------------------
Just a standard hand.

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, 55."Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between Hero and SB.</font>
----------------------------
Finally . . .

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Hero, UTG and Button.</font>

Guy McSucker
09-17-2004, 03:26 AM
Hand 1 is just a bit silly. That's life. It might be worth raising the turn since so many players like to get jiggy when they pick up a draw to go with their pair, which might have happened here; if you know this about the opponent, it helps.

Hand 2. What are you doing? There's no need to defend with T-8, I don't think, but I am bad in the blinds. Since you did, I like the flop action, but checking the turn is like waving a white flag and screaming "I don't have an ace". If you're planning on calling the turn, I prefer to bet it. Most sane players will muck if they have nothing, and it's really unlikely you'll be bluff-raised here. SImilar for the river.

Hand 3. I like your line, you tricky so and so... The river raise is nasty, but you must call. Looks like you're losing,

Guy.

stripsqueez
09-17-2004, 04:50 AM
1 - i like raising the turn a bit - its otherwise a boring hand

2 - dont raise the flop unless your going to bet the turn

3 - i think thats a standard sort of a line - i like 3 betting the flop a lot because the turn getting checked through is a disaster - tempted to 3 bet the river but i suppose i just call - if he has a 3 it seems he is playing the same slowplay game as you

having read a bunch of hands you played i think you play too slow on the flop

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Guido
09-17-2004, 06:43 AM
Hand 1: I would probably raise the turn.

Hand 2: I would bet the turn when I didn't fold preflop or the flop.

Hand 3: I would 3-bet the flop on a board like this. I don't want to give a free card to his overcards or flush draw. I also don't want to find out on the turn that he has a 3.

Seems like I play more aggressive on the flop than you.

Guido

Trix
09-17-2004, 07:54 AM
I´m just gonna say what I do, right or wrong, hopefully someone will correct it if its way off.

1) I fold preflop here, raise the turn and folds to a 3bet.
2) Fold here too, I bet the turn here. If he decided to take one off with KQ/KJ/QJ then it sucks if he takes the freebie.
3) This or 3betting the flop.