PDA

View Full Version : Some 5-max $3/$6 hands -- please grade my play.

Grisgra
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Been on a nasty downswing, time to talk to the Hand Doctors.
-----------------------

All I know about UTG here is that he's Mr. Calling Station, a little passive, definitely likes calling to the river with any ace.

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, no."UTG calls.

Turn: (2 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, (All-In) calls.

Final Pot: 15.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.66 BB, between Hero, UTG, Button and SB.</font>
--------------------------------
River call okay or dumb?

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.16 BB, between Hero, BB and UTG.</font>
-----------------------------------------
Finally . . .

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BBk?? calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BBk?? checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, BBk?? calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BBk?? checks, Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BBk?? checks, Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.66 BB, between Hero, MP, Button and BB.</font>

joker122
09-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Hand 1: It sucks when a passive calling station caps you on the river with a paired board, but you have to 3bet here nonetheless.

Hand 2: Perfect

Hand 3: A9o isn't enough hand for me to raise UTG. Postflop I do it the same.

Guy McSucker
09-17-2004, 03:09 AM
No problem in hand one. You have a huge hand and are heads up. The backdoor flush and paired board are annoying but it's much more likely your opponent has trip 5s than a hand that beats you, even when he raises you on the river.

Hand 2 looks fine. The other option is to bet the turn, fold to a raise, and fold/check behind on the river.

Hand 3. I don't like the UTG raise and I'm not sure I'd bet into so many opponents with ace high on this board. People like to play Ks and Js.

Guy.