PDA

View Full Version : I will not be replying ...

Greg (FossilMan)
09-16-2004, 06:06 PM
to posts like that by Ass-Monkeys such as Asufiji2004 where nothing useful is said, and where the poster is extremely insulting. I do not wish to provide any feedback, even negative, to such threads, because often that is just what such infants desire (i.e., attention). It is my hope that everytime somebody does this, they will be permanently excluded from our forums.

And unsurprisingly, such posts are (almost) always by people who remain 100% anonymous. As it probably should be. I almost don't want to know who this is, because I'd hate to wind up in jail for beating the crap out of him. Although every judge and juror would likely understand my desire to do so, they would still probably have to convict me.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

tdomeski
09-16-2004, 06:18 PM
That is why I love you.

You are the man, and I'm not afraid to say that. .

Great work man. .keep it real.

slickpoppa
09-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Greg, if you haven't done so already, could you please make a post describing that huge hand you had against Arieh on the final table. I think we were all disappointed when ESPN did not show it and are dying to know what happened.

Rocco17
09-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Greg, I am more of a lurker than most but I just want to put my 2+2 cents in. Good for you for standing up to these miscreants. You continue to conduct yourself like a World Champion.

Ron

Tyler Durden
09-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Great post Greg. And it was a pleasure to play with you in the WSOP.

Can you give some details about the hand you played vs. Ali Eslami? I believe you raised w/ KJ UTG when play was down to 5 tables and he defended his BB w/ T9s? thanks.

Dominic
09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Gregg, I don't think I've heard you mention what you plan on doing now...are you going to join the WPT full time? Go back to your regualr game?

And what, pray tell, are your plans for the $5,000,000?

Sponger15SB
09-16-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And what, pray tell, are your plans for the $5,000,000?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give a lot of it to his backers, for starters.

Saku
09-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Don't let the trolls get you down. No matter how well you played and how graciously you acted as you took down pots, Internet tough-guys will always flame out of jealousy. You're the definition of a "good winner". Congratulations.

Beavis68
09-16-2004, 06:45 PM
How many times are you going to mention you were at the WSOP? IT is like John F'n Kerry and Vietnam.

slickpoppa
09-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Not as many times as Bush says the words "war on terror."

whiskeytown
09-16-2004, 07:00 PM
gawd...I remember when that came up

and I honestly thought about it - but got boned cause I had lost my job and couldn't afford $500 -

that's like a bad beat in reverse....madra fukre

RB

jwvdcw
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to posts like that by Ass-Monkeys such as Asufiji2004 where nothing useful is said, and where the poster is extremely insulting. I do not wish to provide any feedback, even negative, to such threads, because often that is just what such infants desire (i.e., attention). It is my hope that everytime somebody does this, they will be permanently excluded from our forums.

And unsurprisingly, such posts are (almost) always by people who remain 100% anonymous. As it probably should be. I almost don't want to know who this is, because I'd hate to wind up in jail for beating the crap out of him. Although every judge and juror would likely understand my desire to do so, they would still probably have to convict me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg I couldn't agree more.

To all of the moderators out there: I think this forum is great, but it is very poorly looked after. If someone is insulting, delete his post and suspend him for a week, and then ban him on second offense. If posts are in the wrong forum, move them! I realize that it takes some work, but I'm sure a lot of the regulars here wouldn't mind becoming moderators(I know I'd do it for free).

The4thFilm
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
yea but the butterfly effect would change everything

bolgenmod
09-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Anyone with half a brain can tell that the respect Raymer gets here at 2+2 has been earned by him not just by his play in the WSOP, but by his whole "career" in poker. His words and actions seem to this observer (who has never seen him play "live" or met him) to be reasoned and respectful. And whatever I learn of his play (through posts on 2+2 and from the admittedly limited TV coverage) shows him to be a terrific poker player. His responses to such controversial issues as the Arieh to Williams comment or the Matusow handshake also show grace and humor. And I admire his responses to the latest evil troll -- ignoring the ignorant is probably the best policy.

Some morons think that this respect is that of suckups or sycophants. I disagree. I have never met Raymer. I want nothing from him. I just admire him for his actions and his words. Some people just cannot understand that one can respect someone who deserves respect for no other reason than that. Too bad for them.

b.

Tyler Durden
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many times are you going to mention you were at the WSOP? IT is like John F'n Kerry and Vietnam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't just at the WSOP. I cashed. 126th place. Thanks.

Stew
09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, he said "Ass-Monkey's". You're the man Greg!

willie
09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
thank you for not lowering yourself to their level.

keep up the good posts.

PITTM
09-16-2004, 07:40 PM
im sure 99% of us(or those with brains as one might infer) really enjoy your posts and can take something away from them. since you will be called the best poker player in the world for the next year we would all love to hear your critiques and feedback on our specific questions. dont let one person sour your experience so much that the rest of us can no longer learn from your advice, it has been very helpful so far.

rj

sthief09
09-16-2004, 08:00 PM
hahaha if I finished 126th in the WSOP my location would be "I finished 126th in the WSOP and you didn't, bitch" so I think bringing it up every now and again is to be expected

moonlightgraham
09-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Fossilman - what are the restrictions on the size and use of a card guard - like your fossil? Thanks. DF

Ryner
09-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Man, how could anyone not like Fossilman?

slickpoppa
09-16-2004, 08:22 PM
I hate the drake.

n1stunnor
09-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Assclowns would have been better.

brassnuts
09-17-2004, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not as many times as Bush says the words "war on terror."

[/ QUOTE ]

Gentlemen, can we please keep these type of comments to the Political Nut Forum (i.e. Other Topics).

Sundevils21
09-17-2004, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fossilman - what are the restrictions on the size and use of a card guard - like your fossil? Thanks. DF

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think size is important(its how you use it /images/graemlins/wink.gif).
As long as it's not impeding on others space. ie you could use a chip but not a donkey.

*btw Greg, I think you've handled yourself very well. between Matusow, Arieh, and douchbags who make insulting posts.

bigfishead
09-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Raymer, I dont blame ya. I remember your posts from even before the forum format changed to the present format. Your thoughts then always added something for me to think about or realize. I made a "temporary" move from Tommy A's neighborhood and was without internet for over a year. Yet when I came back I saw your stuff again. I dont post as much but I was real happy to see your post even prior to your great win. Good job. Hope to see you in Tunica, my new home next january for the Jack Binion WPO. I'll say hello then. Your a class act. It's great to see.

Trainwreck
09-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Well said Greg! Poopheads should be shipped to the moon and left with no TP.

>TW<

Stew
09-17-2004, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i agree, but I think Ass-Monkey's worked better here for some reason.

Mikey
09-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Greg, if I may...........

Dismiss it from your mind and move onto the next thread.

Sounds familiar, like.... Poker........

Forget about what happened last hand and move onto the next one, these insults should not effect you emotionally.

You are the WSOP champion you think that people won't be jealous of you. C'mon big guy. Relax.

-Syk-
09-17-2004, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the drake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.

DimensionPresident
09-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Greg, are you still selling your good luck fossils? (Sorry if already asked to death.)

I would like to buy one. I need some luck man.

Even if you just want to pick a rock out of your garden... or maybe a kidney stone...

razor
09-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Ironic Post of the Month

OrangeHeat
09-17-2004, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Ass-Monkey's worked better here for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Ass-Monkey's made me laugh.

Orange

Toro
09-17-2004, 09:42 AM
I went through all of the Ass Monkey's posts and can't determine the one that got Fossilman upset. Anyone know which one it was?

Greg (FossilMan)
09-17-2004, 10:05 AM
I wish they had shown it also, as I do not know what Josh folded, and I'm curious. When I bet the turn, I was semi-bluffing with the flush draw, and then I made the nuts on the river. I don't know if he was slowplaying a monster and got away from it, or just doing some good acting when he folded. He definitely gave the impression he was making a big laydown.

Greg (FossilMan)
09-17-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry to say, it's been so long I don't recall the details well enough to post about the hand. I had expected to see it on the show, but they edited it out. If you see Ali, I'd love to have my memory refreshed.

Slacker13
09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
It appears to have completely disappeared, I assume it was deleted.

ohkanada
09-17-2004, 10:26 AM
If the river blanks, and Josh checks, I assume you check?

How about if Josh checkraises you allin on the turn?

I looked on pokerpages and a few minutes after that hand, they reported Josh had 3.6 million in chips and you had 12 million. That pot must have been 3.4 million not including your river bet.

Ken

EnderW27
09-17-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if he was slowplaying a monster and got away from it, or just doing some good acting when he folded. He definitely gave the impression he was making a big laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Paul Phillips, Josh laid down a set on the river. I don't know where Paul got his information from, however.

Paul Phillips
09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to Paul Phillips, Josh laid down a set on the river. I don't know where Paul got his information from, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate being misquoted. I never said he had a set. Somebody else writing in my livejournal did.

I don't think there's any way he would have failed to raise the turn with a set.

ohkanada
09-17-2004, 02:52 PM
"I don't think there's any way he would have failed to raise the turn with a set."

Good, I was trying to figure out why he wouldn't checkraise allin with a set on the turn. Sounds like top pair is more likely.

Ken

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-17-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate being misquoted. I never said he had a set. Somebody else writing in my livejournal did.

I don't think there's any way he would have failed to raise the turn with a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another source (on RGP) claims that Josh had top pair. Link (http://www.recpoker.com/article.php?gID=1&ID=509803)

nolanfan34
09-20-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I bet the turn, I was semi-bluffing with the flush draw, and then I made the nuts on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this means it won't be part of any "best bluffs" show. ESPN - how the heck can you leave out hands like this?? Unreal.

Aces McGee
09-20-2004, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, although I think "asshats" would have been best.

-McGee

jack spade23
09-20-2004, 03:18 PM
I have to say, as ayounger player, it was great to see someone actually playing well and when bad or good things happen to him he did not yell, scream, or berate the other player for his actions. While i dont like the WSOP because of the extremely bad play that goes on a lot, I did like watching you play. I have a friend who is a very good player, but when he is called by a less worthy hand, he goes Mike Matusow or Phil Helmuth on the guy. (crying, complaining that he cant play any better) I liked the final two people being the people i liked the most.

Stoneii
09-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Completely unqualified guess (I'm in UK so we haven't got to see any of it yet /images/graemlins/mad.gif) but if he layed down a monster my thoughts are they would've shown it.

My best guess given the little info, he was putting on a show?

stoneii

EnderW27
09-20-2004, 06:07 PM
You're right. I misquoted you. Mea culpa.

BarronVangorToth
09-20-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You laughed this off about two months ago at Foxwoods, but I was at a 5-10 table sitting next to a buddy of yours (I forgot his name, older fella, maybe it was a relative of yours) and you were talking with the kid from Foxwoods that was on the WPT a few weeks back -- but I asked you if you were ready for all of this random flaming people were going to do.

You seemed to think it wouldn't happen ... but it always does. And it always will.

Jealousy brings out the worst in people and EVERYONE is envious of you, which means a lot of people's character will lead them to Attack Mode, rather than Congratulations Mode.

Regardless, congrats, keep being a class act, and forget the few trolls that anonymously post behind their keyboards things they wouldn't have the guts to say to your face.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

mjohnson406
09-21-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, although I think "asshats" would have been best.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Assbags is the by far the best choice and it's not even close.

siccjay
09-21-2004, 12:28 AM
I also like "foghats"

young nut
09-21-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another source (on RGP) claims that Josh had top pair. Link (http://www.recpoker.com/article.php?gID=1&ID=509803)

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked Josh this same question about this hand just 2 weeks after the main event. He was playing the pokerstars 250k. He said he was holding A 10 suited, and had to lay down because he knew Raymer hit the flush. Nice hand though Greg and I think an equally nice laydown.

frank_iii
09-21-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't just at the WSOP. I cashed. 126th place. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well on Friday I finished 122nd in a 2500 player freeroll at paradise poker. That's just about the same thing except that I did a little better, right?

Anyway, it sounds like a little jealousy has set in here. Congrats on your awesome finish and paycheck and don't let the whiners get you down!

Myrtle
09-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Baron,

That was probably me that you were sitting next to..........gulp....."older fella"......chit....

I guess it all depends on one's perspective! lol

That was John D'Agostino that Greg & I were talking to....

Make sure you say hi to me next time down....Green turtle on the rock for a card weight.

Cya soon....

Myrtle