PDA

View Full Version : Semi-bluff...Total Bluff...Value Bet...

CardCuda
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Paradise Poker 2-4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Typical, somewhat passive table. The only read I have in this hand is MP2 - she defines calling station and seeing well over 50% of the flops. I should be pummelled for thinkin' I could bluff her out of this pot. I fear it's true i'm a chip tossing LAG since reading SSH....but it's working so far..(knocking on wood).

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

challenger84
09-16-2004, 05:03 PM
If she's a calling station, then there is no reason to bet the turn. The only reason you would bet here is if you had a prudent chance of getting everyone to fold, as you have no draw and king high. Calling stations don't fold, by definition. I would have checked behind on the turn, then bet when the Q came on the river.

lil'
09-16-2004, 05:29 PM
You've raised preflop, and ace fell, and you still got two callers. I usually check the turn in this spot. You are representing a big ace and your opponents won't drop.

If you thought you had the best hand on the turn, then you should bet, but often someone caught a pair here.