PDA

View Full Version : which concept do I apply to this flop?

Alobar
09-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (12.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.16 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

On the flop I feel I'm most likely ahead, but the turn has alot of cards I really dont want to see. Should I wait until the turn to raise here? I know I'm not knocking any club or straigh draw out, but I can at least charge them double on the turn, and specifically force the BB to call 2 cold (most likely). Or do I 3 bet here so I can judge weather or not I am atually behind?

J.R.
09-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I vote smoothcall / pop the turn. It is consistent with AK so a call won't shut them down on the turn.

"Or do I 3 bet here so I can judge whether or not I am actually behind?"

I am not sure you are behind if its capped (overplayed flush/straight draw), and you will get more reliable info on the turn. In adiditon, you dont know what you are behind to (i.e. you have outs v 2 pair) and have to see the river absent a 3rd club even if the flop is capped because of your outs v 2 pair.