PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this perfectly? :)

DavidC
09-16-2004, 04:30 PM
The only thing that I could think of doing differently would be raising on the flop. I'm pretty pleased with this hand, though I didn't win, of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If anyone sees anything else in this hand, please let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between CO and BB.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

afk
09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Well played, though yeah - raise the flop the first time it comes around.

cab4656
09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Definitely raise the flop. You have an equity edge, and you want to clean up your overcard outs.

Piiop
09-16-2004, 04:37 PM
I'll toss in a third raise the flop.

Also, why are you hands posted in a quote?

DavidC
09-16-2004, 04:42 PM
I saw someone else do it and I like it better in it's own little box.

If it confuses people, I could stop... Perhaps UBB could use a Hand History box graphic and tag. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
09-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your comments guys.. I didn't even think about "cleaning up overcards". That's an important topic I haven't learned much about yet.

... Still working on it...

--Dave.

Piiop
09-16-2004, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your comments guys.. I didn't even think about "cleaning up overcards". That's an important topic I haven't learned much about yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put yourself in the CO's place in this hand and say he has AQ. If there's a bet and a raise in front of you on the flop - your AQ isn't looking too nice and you probably fold. Now if a Q comes on the turn, there's a much bigger chance the hero will win without the flush.

In this situation you only have 1 overcard and it's likely someone has a J, so your ten doesn't really matter. However, there will be times when you have something like KJ on a T 8 3 board, so now you're giving yourself even more outs.

DavidC
09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your AQ isn't looking too nice and you probably fold. Now if a Q comes on the turn, there's a much bigger chance the hero will win without the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely makes sense.

milesdyson
09-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Look at UTG+1 call two bets on the flop and fold for the third...

DavidC
09-17-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look at UTG+1 call two bets on the flop and fold for the third...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I didn't bother to mention anything about that... it was pretty sweet though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif