PDA

View Full Version : AQs/possible FTOP question

bones
09-16-2004, 04:28 PM
I really don't like how I played this hand, so any comments are welcome.

Blinds 10/15, party 20+2 NL, 8th hand overall. I have about t1200, no real short stacks.

A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG. I raise to 75, get 3 callers, including BB (t310).

Flop is AK4 rainbow, no clubs. Check, I bet 300, everyone else folds.

I have trouble with this type of hand, where I'm either way ahead or drawing almost dead. The table has been pretty loose/passive, where several people are calling normal size raises pre-flop, so it's a little harder to put someone on a group of hands than usual.

I'm almost sure I played this wrong, but I'm wondering how I could play this differently. A free card is pretty unlikely to hurt me, as someone is probably drawing to 2(low pair), 3 (worse kicker) 4 (gut shot straight draw) or 5 (middle/bottom pair).

Is Fundamental Theory betting as applicable in NL as it is in limit because of the implied odds they're receiving? If so, is the correct bet charging them slightly over the pot/implied odds of them making their hand on the turn. If I did that, would I then push them off the hand on the turn if I felt it was a blank?