PDA

View Full Version : Thats right, youd better fold

Sundevils21
09-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 folds. WOW WOW WOW

Final Pot: 5 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 5d 3s (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 5 BB. </font>

How did I do? lol

*This is now my most memorable hand ever. even better than quads over quads.

challenger84
09-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Bet the river.

j/k, well played.

chawinski
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Dammit. I spilt my coffee cracking up over this. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

lil'
09-16-2004, 04:20 PM
I was going to say you can't win if you don't bet, but I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously, though, you should win this more than one out of five times with a river bet.

elindauer
09-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Wow, great play. A true battle of wits.

You know that you have to bet to win, but you know he knows this. If you bet, he sniffs out your bluff and calls it down. You lose. The only way you have a hand is if you check, trying to induce a bluff. But you know he knows this. And you know this guy. You know him well. He'll take it to the next level, showing you that you never had a chance to induce a bluff because you've given your hand away by checking. So he'll fold QQ just to prove it to you. It seems there's no way for you to win. He has you beaten. Until you, anticipating all this, do the impossible and check your five high. You da man.

lol.
Eric

balkii
09-16-2004, 04:30 PM
you have to bet this river. but, nice hand.

SomethingClever
09-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Nothing puts that extra pep in my step like a player open-folding the river heads-up.

Very nice.

Sundevils21
09-16-2004, 04:42 PM
the guy had been playing every hand but would always fold the flop. So I thought he might of had a little piece he would call me down with. I think my only two lines are...
1. Bet the turn and bet the river
2. Don't bet the turn and give up unless my straight comes

I think number 1 is clearly the better line, especially against a player who folds a lot.

Jonny Melon
09-16-2004, 04:45 PM
UTG+1 has 53 suited. On the river, believes it is mathematically impossible to win (neglecting the tie) and folds to avoid the embarassment of having the table know that he plays 53 suited UTG+1.

Honestly, though, in B&amp;M games, HU folds on the river happen to me quite a bit with "Gambloor" players who don't want to show down their awful cards. Must be the shame of having all those players looking at you.

Jon

spamuell
09-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Eric, this is very funny. I also think it laudable that you didn't end the post with "my 2 cents", that had begun to really annoy me.

Sundevils21
09-16-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You know that you have to bet to win, but you know he knows this. If you bet, he sniffs out your bluff and calls it down. You lose. The only way you have a hand is if you check, trying to induce a bluff. But you know he knows this. And you know this guy. You know him well. He'll take it to the next level, showing you that you never had a chance to induce a bluff because you've given your hand away by checking. So he'll fold QQ just to prove it to you. It seems there's no way for you to win. He has you beaten. Until you, anticipating all this, do the impossible and check your five high. You da man.

lol.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. V funny post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alobar
09-16-2004, 04:54 PM
hahaha, man thats like the best hand ever. If I could actually have seen his reaction, I would have been tempted to show my cards and say "thanks" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sundevils21
09-16-2004, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, man thats like the best hand ever. If I could actually have seen his reaction, I would have been tempted to show my cards and say "thanks" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up leaving the next orbit because the game became shorthanded. After the hand I thought, " Maybe I should have shown my (bluff?!?!) hand".

Zetack
09-16-2004, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. V funny post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A smart man would switch the poison cups, but you would know that. So I don't switch the cups. But I would know that you that. But you would know that I know that you know that, so...

--Zetack

InchoateHand
09-16-2004, 10:20 PM
dd

joker122
09-16-2004, 10:40 PM
That's some 3rd level thinking if I've ever seen it. I didn't think I'd ever see the nut low take it down without a river bet.