PDA

View Full Version : Harringtons Q9 error vs Greg Raymer at Final Table

DonkeyKong
09-16-2004, 03:45 PM
I noticed that of all the hands they showed on TV, Greg Raymer never bluffed when checked to... He would raise on semi-bluffs when bet into but I never once saw him bet with essentially nothing when somebody checked to him.

When Harrington checked his Q9 (middle pair plus overcard Q to the top card J on the board), he should have folded when Raymer bet (call with only 5 outs wouldn't have been a great move in my opinion). I realize that I only saw the TV hands and Harrington probably had much more advanced logic for his raise but I was curious what others think...

Note that Harrington was in the blind on this hand and was sick of Raymer taking his blinds so he check-raised him... but he went all-in? in my opinion, this frustration should have cost him his spot at the final table but he rivered a 9 and doubled-up... so go figure.

comments?

tripdad
09-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Harrington plays off his own image, not so much his image of others. many seasoned pros will lay down pretty big hands to a check/raise by the craggiest of all rocks that is Dan Harrington.

oh, and this is a small stakes n/l forumn and these guys were playing for $5,000,000.00........ /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheers!