PDA

View Full Version : My first Party $100+9 SnG

Benal
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
So I decide to jump up in limits to the Party $100+9 SnGs. Being a winning player after having played a few hundred of each limit below the 100s, I figured it's time to make the jump.

First hand, I get dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP2. UTG+1 raises to 30, folded to me and I make it 60, and folded to BB who calls.

Flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG+1 bets 200, I raise to 400, BB goes all in, UTG+1 calls, and I of course call.

UTG+1 shows T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB makes his flush, and I'm out.

I had to double check and make sure this was a $100+9 and not a $5+1

All I can say is WOW! For you regulars at this limit, is this the norm? LOL

The4thFilm
09-16-2004, 04:26 PM
you deserve it for minraising

Benal
09-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey, thanks for answering my question.

I in no way said, "why oh why did I lose when I had the nuts on the flop... boooo... hisss...." Nor was I asking for a critique of my play..

I was simply asking if that type of play was the norm at that limit. How else am I supposed to ask that question without an example? I'm all ears...

Daliman
09-16-2004, 05:00 PM
There's terrrible players at EVERY limit SNG, it's just how many you see per table. Raising the UTG player from 30 to 60 is a TERRIBlE play preflop. THe miniraise on the flop ain't so great either with a 2-flush on, but not terrible, as this opponent was likely not going anywhere no atter what you bet. Raise it to 150 or so next time, make people pay to see a flop they like.

eMarkM
09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
No, this kind of play happens quite a bit. But, not as often as it does at lower levels. Generally, a ratio of crackhead/mediocre player/good player on $100-200 might be something like 2:5:3, whereas lower levels it might be 3:6:1 (you, of course). Other times the table will be pretty tough (0:6:4/0:5:5), with everyone playing tight to the belt in the first three rounds and there's still 8 left with blinds half way through the 100/50 level. Something uncommon at lower levels. Other times, the table will play just like a 10+1, with 5 bustouts in the first two levels.

At the $100 & $200 buy-ins, table selection becomes more important. Now you're playing against some players that do this for a living, and they're not going to be giving away their chips. So familiarize yourself with some of those monthly leaderboard names and avoid games when you see two or more of them, because chances are they may be +40% ITM type players that reduce your own chances.

Benal
09-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Thank you Sir.