PDA

View Full Version : Party bad beat tables

Ritter
09-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Are people finding these tables as soft as I am?

I hadn't played at Party for a long time and decided on a whim to try out their 2/4 bad beat tables - well, heck, I'm up 120BB in a couple of days! I'm sure this isn't sustainable, but I'm observing some truly horrific play.

Do you think the jackpot attracts more fishies?

Do you think more fishies pays for the steeper rake (JP drop now $0.50)

Can anybody compare the badbeat 2/4 tables with the "standard" 2/4 tables?

Where are people finding the softest 2/4 and 3/6 games these days?

lil'
09-16-2004, 03:27 PM
I haven't noticed much difference at the 15/30 level.

Actually, I have taken plenty of bad beats at the jackpot tables, just not bad enough to win anything. Apparently rivering a two outer against my top pair top kicker isn't good enough to win $10,000.

jmark
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I actually haven't noticed that much of a difference between the regular 2/4 and bad-beat 2/4. Both can get good and bad. But as lil mentioned I've also had alot of bad beats at the bad beat tables on the river. On the upside I haven't payed many jackpot drops.

Ritter
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
ain't fair is it?

likewise, i just had my top two pair rivered by trips - should have been good for at least $16,500

chawinski
09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
These tables are incredibly soft. I can't believe how soft they are. ~40% of the tools that i've played with over the last 2 weeks have sat down or continued playing with less than 12BB(no ehaggeration).
There are lots of mathematically challenged people playing the lottery hoping to hit the jackpot.

InchoateHand
09-16-2004, 04:14 PM
They are substantially worse than the regular 2/4 tables. Because 2/4 is the lowest JP table, it attracts a lot of really poor micro players, who consistently buy in with 4 to 12 BB, and lose it quickly. I also see folks buy in with about 100BB and lose half of them equally fast. You have to look to find a regular 2/4 table this bad (they exist), but its almost guaranteed at the Bad Beats. How this works out with the Jackpot rake, however, I'm not sure.