PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Trips, Turn brings possible flush

Zeke
09-16-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm not thrilled about my play here. Please give feedback

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

Piiop
09-16-2004, 03:02 PM
You played it fine. Where do you think you went wrong?

If MP is check-raising you with just a T then good for him. Make a note of it and be sure so 3-bet him more often. It would be very unusual for someone to check-raise the turn without the flush.

Goon2
09-16-2004, 03:06 PM
I think you should have made it 3 bets on the turn. Your set is disguised and do not forget you have 10 outs to improve to a full house or quads.

If MP caps then simply do what you did on the river and check call the river if you miss.

Zeke
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
I think my beef is with my turn play. Is it worth a reraise here to check out how strong he really is? It was a junk club so I figured the only way it could have helped him was the flush, unless he had been slowplaying a made hand on the flop, another set or 10 8? But how often would either of those possibilities CR this turn? Will I be shown a lower set or 10 pair often enough here to justify a reraise on the turn.

Piiop
09-16-2004, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it worth a reraise here to check out how strong he really is

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what are you going to do once you find this out? If you 3-bet the turn and he caps it, you've found out how strong his hand is, but you still have to see the river and your hand has enough showdown value that you should call the river unimproved. Basically, if you raise he will cap it with the flush and everything else will probably just call and check to you on the river. But you can't fold to the cap even though it means he has the flush because you have outs to fill. Basically, 3-betting will make it more expensive when you're behind and you will win less when you're ahead.

[ QUOTE ]
It was a junk club so I figured the only way it could have helped him was the flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[ QUOTE ]
unless he had been slowplaying a made hand on the flop, another set or 10 8? But how often would either of those possibilities CR this turn

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unlikely he had a "made" hand on the flop because of the texture of the board. It's unprobable he has T8 because of there are only 3 ways he can have it. 22 and 33 are both possible, but given the action, I think the flush is much more likely.