PDA

View Full Version : College Football picks (ytd 1-2; -1.12 units)

judgesmails
09-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Boston College -7.5 +100 vs. UCONN
Tulsa -1 -105 vs. Navy
UCLA +1 -105 @ Washington
Pitt +4 -103 vs. Nebraska
MN -3.5 -110 @ Colorado State

All picks 1 unit and lines at Pinnacle

CarlSpackler
09-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Nebraska is a stone cold lock to beat Pitt by at least a TD. Write it down, take a picture, record it, whatever. NU absolutely shredded a very solid Southern Miss defense last week for almost 500 yards. The only reason NU lost was because of 5 turnovers. Coach Callahan will make the appropriate adjustments, and I expect the turnovers to be cut down to 2 or 3 at most, against a weaker team than usm. Pitt doesn't have the offensive firepower or defense to win this game. Also, Pitt isn't going to have a big time home field advantage, as 10,000+ nu faithful will be in attendance.

judgesmails
09-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Good point about the turnovers last week for NE, but I think this team is a bit overrated. I like Pitt to win outright even considering the losses offensively from last season. Don't you have some grass to mow or gophers to chase anyway?

CarlSpackler
09-16-2004, 10:15 PM
"But if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key."

Seriously though, how is Nebraska overrated? They weren't even ranked in the preseason top 25. Last week they were a 15 point favorite over a better team than they're playing on the road this week. Don't forget, NU has a top ten defense, even with CB McPherson out this week. They're significantly better than Pitt on both sides of the ball. Even with the -4 turnover margin last week, they had a chance to win the game on their last drive, and the line here is only -4. IMHO, I think the line here should be NU -7 or -8.

mmbt0ne
09-16-2004, 11:15 PM
I just find it hard to put money on Nebraska when they're running a west-coast type offense with a QB who has 9 INT in 86 career pass attempts.

judgesmails
09-16-2004, 11:27 PM
My position on this game is more against NE than pro Pitt. In NE I see a team that returns only 12 starters and is attempting to implement a totally new system with personell not equiped to run it. The NE lines are often supported by a rabid, loyal fan base. It is NE first road game. NE turnover margin last year was +23, making them seem a bit better than they really were.

Pitt is nothing special, but I think they have enough to beat NE. We shall see.

Sundevils21
09-16-2004, 11:57 PM
anybody know the line on the Iowa @ Arizona State line?
I read ASU -1 but that can't be right.

HitHard69
09-17-2004, 01:13 AM
right now its ASU -1.5