PDA

View Full Version : help with hand play

arabie
09-16-2004, 01:48 PM
sorry for the hand format, my email server is down and i cannot retrieve my hand history to convert, if you dont mind reading through this, i would like to know how it should have been played differently. My feelings are that it might have been incorrect to invest so much money into a such a small pot, but i felt taht my weak opponent would call down with almost anything.
$1/$2 Hold'em - Thursday, September 16, 13:36:18 EDT 2004
billpilgrims posts small blind [$0.5].
tzipp posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to trabie [ Kd Ah ]
angleovw folds.
trabie raises [$2].
terrrrrr folds.
nomar1918 folds.
UIgolfCO folds.
MUEagle84 folds.
rogermcfly folds.
Prod1gy folds.
billpilgrims folds.
tzipp calls [$1].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, 4d, 4h ]
tzipp checks.
trabie bets [$1].
tzipp calls [$1].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9h ]
tzipp checks.
trabie bets [$2].
tzipp calls [$2].
** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]
tzipp checks.
trabie bets [$2].
tzipp calls [$2].
trabie shows [ Kd, Ah ] two pairs, nines and fours.
tzipp shows [ 5d, 5c ] two pairs, nines and fives.
tzipp wins $13.75 from the main pot with two pairs, nines and fives.

one more hand and again, sorry about the format. should i have played the flop more aggressively?

$1/$2 Hold'em - Thursday, September 16, 13:43:14 EDT 2004
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
billpilgrims posts small blind [$0.5].
tzipp posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to trabie [ Ah Qs ]
angleovw folds.
trabie calls [$1].
terrrrrr folds.
nomar1918 folds.
UIgolfCO folds.
MUEagle84 folds.
Prod1gy folds.
billpilgrims calls [$0.5].
tzipp checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, 6h, 5s ]
billpilgrims bets [$1].
tzipp folds.
trabie calls [$1].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
billpilgrims bets [$2].
trabie raises [$4].
billpilgrims calls [$2].
** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
billpilgrims bets [$2].
trabie calls [$2].
billpilgrims shows [ 7c, 8h ] a straight, four to eight.
trabie doesn't show [ Ah, Qs ] a pair of aces.
billpilgrims wins $16.25 from the main pot with a straight, four to eight.

J.R.
09-16-2004, 02:15 PM
If you don't convert you could take the time to post the action instead of hand histories, they are hard to read and many are unwilling to take the time to help you if you don't show some effort and post in a format that makes it easy for them to offer their advice. Its also kinda an unspoken ettiquite thing to not post your opponent's handles (their online screen names). I think most consider 1-2 micro-limit, but that's not an area I profess to be profficient in.

I wouldn't bet the river in hand 1, no worse hand is likely to call 9ie Q or K high), you chop with any A, and better hand, such as a pair above 44 folds, and I would think 33 or a river 2 doesn't pay you off. All else is fine.

Raise preflop in hand 2, this has to be standard for you. Waiting until the turn in this headsup pot is OK, and you kinda have to call this river without a read, although this call is much more profitable in 3-6 and up (where there are players who take more frequent "shots" at the pot on the river) than in more passive, low limit games.

pudley4
09-16-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't convert you could take the time to post the action instead of hand histories, they are hard to read and many are unwilling to take the time to help you if you don't show some effort and post in a format that makes it easy for them to offer their advice. Its also kinda an unspoken ettiquite thing to not post your opponent's handles (their online screen names). I think most consider 1-2 micro-limit, but that's not an area I profess to be profficient in.

I wouldn't bet the river in hand 1, no worse hand is likely to call 9ie Q or K high), you chop with any A, and better hand, such as a pair above 44 folds, and I would think 33 or a river 2 doesn't pay you off. All else is fine.

Raise preflop in hand 2, this has to be standard for you. Waiting until the turn in this headsup pot is OK, and you kinda have to call this river without a read, although this call is much more profitable in 3-6 and up (where there are players who take more frequent "shots" at the pot on the river) than in more passive, low limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing more need be said.

J.R.
09-16-2004, 03:05 PM
This should read

"I wouldn't bet the river in hand 1, no worse hand is likely to call (e.g. Q or K high), you chop with any A, and no better hand, such as a pair above 44 folds. I would think 33 folds the turn and a rivered 2 doesn't pay you off. All else is fine. "