PDA

View Full Version : collusion

01-31-2002, 12:55 AM
Had a very disturbing occurence in Tunica the other day. I was playing three handed holdem and was doing pretty well as one guy was weak tight who always folded marginal stuff and the other guy was a loose as they came. He played every hand and would call with nothing and not bet when he had anything.

Then came up this hand. I had a weak ace and the flop came up A 10 6 rainbow. Loose guy bets and I raise. Weak tight reraises, loose player calls and I release the hand. Then they show each other their hands and check it down. Loose player has J 10 and weak tight shows 10 9!!! Weak player says something like he wanted to protect loose player's hand.

I say "I appreciate your honesty but this isn't right" pick up my chips and leave. I suppose that's all I could do.

01-31-2002, 02:56 AM
Chris,

Of course what they did wasn’t according to Hoyle (or Ciaffone) but it wasn’t felony collusion if you count intent and other factors. You were hurt for that hand and they probably aren’t even smart enough to know what they did was technically wrong. But you are in a great spot here and should have continued to play and take their money. If it happens over and over again speak up but their lack of knowledge of etiquette appears to correspond to a lack of knowledge on how to play short.

Regards,

Rick

01-31-2002, 10:44 AM
i agree with rick, also i dont think id ever fold top pair 3-handed with goofballs.

01-31-2002, 01:47 PM

01-31-2002, 02:27 PM
I don't think they meant anything by it. People use that line in my home game all the time. Bob bets, somebody calls and a third guy raises and says "I'm just protecting you hand, Bob" or "I just want to isolate a better hand".

The weak player decided he wanted to make a stand and figured you could be raising to get heads up w/ loose would could have anything. He reraised middle pair. I don't see anything wrong w/ that. I've prolly made that play before in the right spot (which seems like it might be here). If you've got an Ace - tough luck, but if you have a T, he's got the 4th nut kicker. You are playing 3 handed, not 10. 10 handed, it'd be fishy.

01-31-2002, 03:49 PM
Just sounds like a good play to me. If the live one is capable of raising you with a draw, then why not three bet him with a T?

01-31-2002, 07:03 PM
It's either that or the guy really disliked him for some reason.