PDA

View Full Version : Flopped straight on a flush board

dfscott
09-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Third hand at the table, so no reads (also CO just sat down).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between MP1, CO and Hero.</font>

Piiop
09-16-2004, 12:59 PM
I'd play it the same. Hopefully you split and didn't lose to the flush. Nothing else you can do here.

easypete
09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
It seems curious to me that MP1 calls 1, then 2, then 1 on the flop and raises the turn.

You're beat by the flush, IMO.

Still, you are closing action on both turn and river w/ MP1 in the lead. Call down will cost you 2BB for a pot of 15.75. Will you be right 1 in 8 times? I don't know. It's close... but w/ a scary flop, I don't think he's pushing 2-pr, and since he didn't raise pf, don't think he's on a set either. If he had a T for the OESD on the flop, he could be playing it the same way. This is possible, but cuts your odds in half for the split. Now you have to be right 1 in 4 times. I don't know if this will happen that often.

I think you played this well, but I'd be tempted to fold on the turn.

Anybody else fold to the turn raise here?

I might be a little weak here, but I fold this turn.

dfscott
09-16-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems curious to me that MP1 calls 1, then 2, then 1 on the flop and raises the turn.

You're beat by the flush, IMO.

Still, you are closing action on both turn and river w/ MP1 in the lead. Call down will cost you 2BB for a pot of 15.75. Will you be right 1 in 8 times? I don't know. It's close... but w/ a scary flop, I don't think he's pushing 2-pr, and since he didn't raise pf, don't think he's on a set either. If he had a T for the OESD on the flop, he could be playing it the same way. This is possible, but cuts your odds in half for the split. Now you have to be right 1 in 4 times. I don't know if this will happen that often.

I think you played this well, but I'd be tempted to fold on the turn.

Anybody else fold to the turn raise here?

I might be a little weak here, but I fold this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind. I kept hoping that I'd have to face two cold so the decision to fold would be easy. I just never saw a decent chance get away.

Sent
09-16-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure I would fold this right then, I think there is a good enough chance that they could have a T for a straight or are overplaying a set or 2 pair, but yeah you are probably beat by a flush, it would be very hard for me to lay this down though.

-Sent

dfscott
09-17-2004, 10:18 AM
CO shows Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP1 shows 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif for the flush

I thought I might've been splitting with CO, and we were both dead when the 3rd /images/graemlins/spade.gif fell, but he actually had two re-draws on the river for the nut flush or FH, while I was drawing dead after the turn.

All that said, I still think I'm calling this down.