PDA

View Full Version : Q9s SB too aggro?

CardCuda
09-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Paradise Poker 2-4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Pretty "passive table" in the last 1/2 hour, I've been able to push players off hands fairly consistently with marginal holdings.

UTG is Weak, extremely passive player.
Button is decent, typical ABC player.
BB - his 1st hand (no reads).

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero?????

Final Pot: 11 BB

Thoughts on the turn raise? Just about ready to move to $3-6 and just want to make sure that I'm not spewing chips and getting too aggressive with marginal holdings. Results to follow.

easypete
09-16-2004, 12:51 PM
A passive player is betting into you on the turn? Raise may be a little aggressive. I may let this go.

Why c/r the turn, why not just bet out?

Piiop
09-16-2004, 12:56 PM
I don't think there's any reason to check-raise the turn here. I would just bet out.

CardCuda
09-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Well the original plan was to check raise the button and isolate him heads-up, I didn't expect UTG (passive to bet out) but I was fairly sure, though not thoroughly confident, I held the best hand. When UTG bet and BTN called I still raised...my thought process at the time was to continue as planned...hence my question too aggressive?

The river came I bet they folded....

*** RIVER *** : [ 6d 3d 9h Ts ] [ Jd ]
Hero : Bet
UTG : Folds
BTN : Folds

Hero wins -- doesn't show cards

spamuell
09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Why are you playing paradise 2/4? I hear it's much tougher than equivalents.

Piiop
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
How do you know the button is going to bet?

CardCuda
09-16-2004, 02:40 PM
I only play at paradise...haven't ventured to the other sites yet. Keep saying I will but haven't as of yet.

The games seem fairly good to me...I do pretty well. Most just play ABC poker there...not too tricky...but there are exceptions...But honestly I run into more passive games there than anything....except the $1-2 it was/is much tougher than the $2-4 IMHO. Will be moving to the $3-6 here soon though... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Alobar
09-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I dont like it. Just bet out the turn. Why do you think that button is betting? a free card on this board is very bad, dont give that option

Sadat X
09-16-2004, 05:05 PM
On the flop I might try for a checkraise, but I don't think you lose much by betting out.

I like the play on the turn - when in doubt, be aggressive.

Bet the river here, the coordinated board might get checked through if you don't.

Edit: I just realized you didn't hit the straight on the river...I still bet, no question.

Piiop
09-16-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I might try for a checkraise

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a very bad idea. If the flop gets checked around, thats very bad for you. Free cards to flush draws, overcards, and str8 draws is very, very bad.

[ QUOTE ]
I like the play on the turn - when in doubt, be aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no reason to believe someone else will even bet so you can checkraise. Again, having it checked thru would be terrible for your hand.