PDA

View Full Version : KK with 2 Aces on the flop

jah0550
09-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Last night on Party, $10-10 handed. Blinds are t30. Hero has 800 and villian has 1000. Villian limps UTG+2. Everyone folds to hero holding K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero raises to 120. The rest fold to the villian, who calls.
Flop
10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian checks, what should hero bet here, if anything?

CrisBrown
09-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi jay,

Your KK just turned into a small pot hand, especially at a site and a buy-in where your opponent may well have called with Ace-rag. You don't want to play a big pot with a small pot hand, and you have the advantage of position. Check. If he checks the turn, check again. If he checks the river, check again. If your KK is good, fine. If he does have an Ace, you didn't pay off his implied odds.

If he bets the turn, I'd be likely to fold. However, if he makes either a very small or a very large bet at the river, I'd be likely to call it, because it may well be a bluff.

Cris

kleraudio
09-16-2004, 05:37 PM
2.35:1 is sufficient odds for a flush draw to call you. a flush draw on the flop has 1.1:1 odds of getting there on the turn or river. If it doesnt get there on the the turn, it becomes roughly a 4:1 shot to hit on the river.

Jim

ddubois
09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
I check, not because I think he has an ace, but because I want him to stab at the pot later with his underpair, his T, or his draw. If you bet, he might fold a worse hand, but he won't fold an ace. You also have backdoor draws, so a free card for you might be better than a free card for him.

no_deals
09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2.35:1 is sufficient odds for a flush draw to call you. a flush draw on the flop has 1.1:1 odds of getting there on the turn or river. If it doesnt get there on the the turn, it becomes roughly a 4:1 shot to hit on the river.

is.this.a.joke? than.its.funny
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

willie
09-16-2004, 07:33 PM
check and pray for a king.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ilya
09-16-2004, 07:40 PM
This is off-topic but I would bet more before the flop. I know the conventional wisdom is 3xbb + 1bbx#oflimpers, but at the early levels I think it's better to SUPERSIZE IT. Maybe 180 instead of 120. I don't think the average $10 player will fold many inferior hands to the larger bet which he would play for the smaller one. And the bigger bet messes considerably more with his implied odds if he has a PP.

kleraudio
09-16-2004, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

is.this.a.joke? than.its.funny
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why must you slam people on these sites where everyone is trying to learn the game. i made a typo, a flush draw w/ two cards to come is actually closer to a 2.1:1 odds. so it is still giving u odds to call at 2.35:1. and no this is not a joke

http://thepokersource.com/Quick_reference_chart_texas_holdem_odds.shtml

patrick dicaprio
09-16-2004, 08:47 PM
i would bet about 1/2 the pot. if he doesnt have an A this would probably be enough to get him to fold but it also allows you to get away from the hand if the turn comes badly. if there are lot of chips going into the pot your hand is marginal at best.

Pat

no_deals
09-16-2004, 08:59 PM
its.easy.
i.have.the.best.hand!
-why?i.have.a.pair.and.one.overcard.flopped.twice.

do.i.get.money.if.i.bet.the.flop?
-probably.not

how.high.is.the.risk.to.check?
pair=2outs/flushdraw=8.outs(11.card.redraw)straightdraw.=no.o uts-he.has.no.king.and.the.other.one.yumyum
-not.a.big.risk!so.let.him.take.a.freecard.and.indu ce.a.bluff.ón.the.turn.

if.the.turncard.is.no.heart.i.call.up.to.250.
if.he.bluffs.more.than.250.he.deserves.to.win.the. pot.
if.he.doesnt.bluff.the.turn.i.bet.200.and.fold.for .a.raise.

if.turn.is.a.heart.i.call.up.to.200.and.check.behi nd.him.

on.the.river.i.check/fold.